Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Yusuf H Ahmad
Dr. Yusuf H Ahmad, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Tucson, AZ. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Hematology & Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Ahmad is affiliated with Mt Graham Regional Medical Center, Carondelet Holy Cross Hospital & Health Center and Northwest Medical Center. Dr. Ahmad has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Yusuf H Ahmad has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Hepatitis C
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Blood Cancer
Showing 5 of 17
I had suffered several past strokes at a young age. With my most recent stroke I was found to have a rare clotting gene. I was referred to this doctor by my primary care. This doctor spent 20 minutes trying to find the lab results showing the clotting gene while I just sat there. Then, when he found the results, he said he "really wasn't too familiar with that particular disorder". I brought in several pages about it printed from wikipedia and began telling him what "most people with the gene are prescribed". He said, "alright" to all of Google's suggestions...I basically treated myself and used him for his Rx-writing capabilities. I am NEVER going back. SO incompetent!
Dr. Ahmad is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
University Of Lagos
Graduated in 1984
Cook County Hospital
Dr. Yusuf H Ahmad accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AZ Alliance Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Humana Phoenix HMOx
- Humana Tucson HMOx
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsArizona Oncology Assocs Pc, 2450 E River Rd Ste 125, Tucson, AZ
Dr. Yusuf H Ahmad is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tucson, AZ.