Dr. Yvette Appiah Is this you?

2.8

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Yvette Appiah?

Not pleased!!!!

Posted on January 16th, 2014

I read reviews before going to see Dr. Appiah and thought let me try for myself. Even though I was not so pleased with her reviews I like to find things out for myself. Anyway I got an appointment for 2 weeks later after my phone call which was not bad and I asked if they accepted my insurance before getting my appointment which they said yes. I get there and was told they did not accept my insurance and for me and my son I had to pay $ 280.00 ( $140.00 each) which was not part of my budget and then the wait time was like 1hr and the doctor was not friendly, pretty stuck up and I found myself in a very unfriendly, uncomfortable environment . In all if you go see a doctor you'd expect the doctor to at least care and listen to your concerns. This trip was a waist of time and resources. Not worth the time and money.

Miraculous...

Posted on November 15th, 2012

I saw Dr. Appiah several times in 2011, which proved life changing, and for which I will be forever thankful. Prior to seeing Dr. Appiah I had seen so many dermatologists and general practitioners over many years, all of whom incorrectly diagnosed me with an unusual case of one particular skin condition, prescribed me pills which didn't work at all, and sent me on my way. Dr. Appiah was the only doctor/dermatologist who instead immediately suspected a different condition, and performed a biopsy which confirmed both her suspicion and the incorrect diagnoses of so many other doctors. Dr. Appiah then prescribed me creams that cured my symptoms, practically miraculously, after years of daily suffering. I am indebted to Dr. Appiah forever. Months later a different healer confirmed that the root cause of my symptoms (which were now being successfully treated with the right creams) was actually some combination of parasites (treated via medicinal plants) and a gluten/dairy allergy (treated by removing gluten and dairy from my diet), so now I don't even need the creams. I thank goodness for the blessings and gifts of renewed health.

Not a good experience (all three times)

Posted on December 9th, 2011

I am not satisfied with this clinic and won't return. The first two times, I was left sitting on the table in my paper gown for nearly 40 minutes. I was prescribed medicine without any attempt to explain what it did or how long I should take it. I returned a 3rd time to explain that their medicine (an antibiotic) interfered with other medicine I was taking (BC) and I didn't want to continue. She then prescribed me something else that was going to cost $200! That's a salient fact to mention. I wasted a doctors visit (and co-pay) and 3 trips to the pharmacy, and I still don't have a treatment plan that works. All three visits, I was literally asking questions about the drugs and treatment plan as I was being shuffled out the door. She laughed at me when I explained the research I had done into my condition, as well. Trying to make an appointment is hairy -- I was always constantly put on hold and picked up again by someone who didn't remember I had been left there. Not happy.

Horrible Customer Service

Posted on July 6th, 2011

We are a very disappointed family. My personal opinion of this physician is good; however,the front office staff presumably overbook her and then re ...

Great Doctor

Posted on April 1st, 2011

She removed some precancerous spots and diagnosed basal cell on my face. She is also treating my Psoriasis. I really like her, she does a great job.

Patient

Posted on September 8th, 2010

I had 2 horrible experiences and still have 2 horrible scars to remind me. I am high risk for melanoma. Dr. Appiah removed two pre-cancerous moles for me. The first one resulted in a three inch scar. The second one I had removed she neglected to wait for the local anesthetic to kick in (or neglected to use it) with the result that I could feel her cutting out the mole then cauterizing the open wound after. Maybe this is a ploy of hers for better skin care because since that visit I have been paranoid about skin exposure out of fear of needing more removed. Never going back to her even if I have to pay out of pocket.

The Waiting Game

Posted on July 27th, 2010

We are charged fees for making the doctor waste their precious time when we don't come in for an appointment but we are made to wait forever with not so much as an apology. My time is valuable too!!!

Find another Dermatologist.

Posted on May 12th, 2010

Dr. Appiah's "bedside manner" was extremely poor. She stormed into the room, did not introduce herself to my guest and proceeded to give me a two minute full body look over. Individual Moles were not addressed nor really looked over. Options were non-existent. My advice: move on to another Dermatologist.

Courtesy and professionalism of staff

Posted on March 31st, 2010

We reached the office about 10 min. early, after the lunchbreak, the secretary did not open the door, we had to wait outside in that narrow hallway. The first thing the secretary is interested in , is collecting your co- pay.She is very disrespectful to patients.

worst doctor in my experience

Posted on February 20th, 2010

This MD is unethical. I don't know how else to state it. I suspected she prevaricated on two counts. One time on my second appointment, she blatantly lied and I was able to verify this. Do not trust this doctor!

unprofessional physician

Posted on May 27th, 2009

Poor patient relations. Incorrect billing and unethical use of insurance.

Dr. Appiah

Posted on September 10th, 2008

Dr. Appiah is an excellent doctor, I would recommend her to anyone.