Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Yvonne M Datta has the following 2 specialties
A hematology specialist is an expert in disorders of the blood, the blood forming organs and bone marrow. These doctors diagnose, treat and work to prevent diseases that affect the production of blood and its components, as well as the ability of the blood to perform its many functions, such as coagulation and carrying oxygen to the lungs and tissue.
Hematologists diagnose and treat blood disorders, such as anemia, hemophilia, leukemia, sickle cell anemia, deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism.
Depending on the condition, hematology specialists may treat a patient with a blood transfusion, stem cell transplantation, bone marrow transplant, radiotherapy, anticoagulation therapy or medication.
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
Dr. Yvonne M Datta has the following 11 expertise
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Hepatitis C
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
Showing 5 of 7
i find the dr to be unprofessional and not really interested in the problems related to cancer,chemo and the recultant psychological problems.she is evasive when asked for definite opinions--more lawyerlike in her responses,and definitely segmented in her responses to preoples "problems"frankly,she should be confined to a research lab,and not interface with patients because she clearly has no empathy for them.when i was younger,i used to insist that in order to become a dr.,one had to pass an exasm in loss of humanityshe obviopusly would have passed that course with flying colors. find me another oncologi9st while i report her to her superiors.
32 Years Experience
University Of Minnesota Medical School
Graduated in 1986
Dr. Yvonne M Datta accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MN Blue Cross Accord
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Of Minnesota Medical Center, 420 Delaware St SE, Minneapolis, MN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Yvonne M Datta in this video.
Dr. Yvonne M Datta is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Minneapolis, MN.