Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Yvonne Lai has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Yvonne Lai is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
When you are inpatient you sign giving the hospital the right to treat you. Ok. Sure. But you also have the right to request AND SEE an MD. Sentara had taken excellent care of me until a few months ago. At this admission I never saw Dr. Lai, even tho I was admitted on her watch. I have a non-alcoholic liver disease and requested pain relief and asked for the hospitalist. "You can't see her," I was told. The nurse called her and told me, "She says you can have Demerol or nothing." I asked this guy if she understood what I was there for? Because Demerol is contradicted in liver disease! I told the nurse that he needed to tell her I'd been given Demerol in the 1980s and had to be resuscitated! "Demerol or nothing," he repeated. Since I was in forced withdrawal during a life-threatening attack of my disorder I was not actually able to give LEGAL CONSENT. It is all over my record there but I caved and I went into respiratory distress. The vomiting worsened and finally I left AMA and a friend took me to Fairfax because I had lost about 60% of vision in one eye (now I'm half-blind-permanently. There's no point in protesting or suing, but the reality is that under the Obamacare rules, MDs are bulletproof. Don't go to Sentara expecting anything remotely like adequate care. Trying to get help there is utterly pointless and could be fatal.
Dr. Lai is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Sentara Northern Virginia Medical Center
Methodist Stone Oak
North Central Baptist
16 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 1997
John Peter Smith Hospital
Dr. Yvonne Lai accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSentara Northern Virginia Medical Center, 2300 Opitz Blvd, Woodbridge, VA
Dr. Yvonne Lai is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Woodbridge, VA.