The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Barry Sacks
Dr. Barry Sacks, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Boston, MA, with other offices in Brookline, MA and Boston, MA (and 9 other locations). He has 44 years of experience. His specialties include Diagnostic Radiology and Vascular and Interventional Radiology. Dr. Sacks is affiliated with Metrowest Medical Center, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital - Needham Campus, Inc.L CORP. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Barry Sacks has the following 2 specialties
- Diagnostic Radiology
Radiologists help doctors get a closer look at what’s happening inside your body. If your primary care doctor wants to investigate your symptoms further, they may refer you to a radiologist to get an ultrasound or x-ray. Some radiologists specialize in mammography and breast imaging, which is who you see when you need a mammogram. A Radiologist can also determine if bones are broken or fractured after any kind of accident.
Radiologists are trained to perform MRIs and CT scans, both of which are used to determine the presence of diseases or disorders and help your doctor properly diagnose you. They can detect anything from tumors, bleeding and infections to bone and muscle disorders.
- Vascular and Interventional Radiology
Interventional radiologists, also known as vascular radiologists, use minimally-invasive imaging techniques to diagnose conditions in your organs and blood vessels. For example, if you need an angiography (an x-ray of the arteries) to diagnose a blockage in your blood vessels, your doctor will refer you to an interventional radiologist. They can, if needed, perform an angioplasty to open up the blocked passage.
They’re also trained to perform needle biopsies, insert stents, treat varicose veins and obstructions of the urinary tract (possibly due to kidney stones) and can help with dangerous postpartum bleeding. They treat various types of fibroids and embolization, which is a clot, air bubble or other blockage in the bloodstream. While the types of imaging procedures they perform are more invasive than x-rays done to identify broken bones, pain levels and recovery time are usually minimal.
Dr. Barry Sacks has the following 9 expertise
- Biliary Tract Diseases
- Cancer Chemoembolization (Therapeutic Chemoembolization)
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Kidney Cancer
- Liver Cancer
- Women's Health
Dr. Barry Sacks is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Sacks is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Metrowest Medical Center
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital - Needham Campus, Inc.L CORP
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center - West Campus
Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital
Section Chief, Interventional Radiology at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Harvard Medical Faculty Physicians (HMFP) at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
44 Years Experience
University Of The Witwatersrand
Graduated in 1969
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Barry Sacks, MD - Diagnostic Radiology in Boston, MA, in this video.
Dr. Barry Sacks is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boston, MA.