Your bladder is the hollow, muscular organ in your lower belly where urine is stored. When you urinate, the muscles of your bladder contract and push urine out through a tube called the urethra. Bladder cancer starts when cells in the bladder start to grow out of control. These cells can form into a bladder tumor. They can also spread outside your bladder to lymph nodes and to structures far from the bladder, like your bones, lungs or liver. This is known as metastasis.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Zachary M Hurwitz has the following 1 specialty
- Surgery of the Hand
Hand surgeons are certified surgeons who are also experts in the function and structure of your wrists, hands and forearms. This allows them to treat arthritis, carpal tunnel, trigger finger and tennis elbow, most of which tend to result from repetitive and excessive use of the corresponding joints, muscles, tendons and ligaments.
Hand surgeons also commonly work with patients who have fractures or broken bones from any kind of accident. If you're experiencing any kind of general pain in your hand, wrist or forearm that isn’t going away, a hand surgeon is probably your best resource.
Showing 4 of 4
I was referred to Dr. Hurwitz by Dr. Mollet whom I had never consulted with regarding a large squamous cell carcinoma on the inside of my right knee. Dr Hurwitz appeared to have never read the diagnostic report. He expressed that the squamous cell carcinoma was "quite remarkable and that he had never seen anything quite like it." I asked about the possibility that the skin cancer might be invasive. He seemed puzzled, and confused regarding my question, left the room to talk to Dr. Mollet, returned and never answered my question. He discussed the upcoming surgery on my leg. Including an arteriogram, and EKG, and vein specialist which had to take place prior to surgery. he then informed me that a lower leg muscle would have to be detached from the achellies tendon in order to cover the "hole" in my leg from the surgery. I was shocked by this unexpected news since the diagnostic report stated that the skin cancer was surface and in place although there was a slight possibility that it could be invasive. I decided at that point to get a second opinion which was totally different from Dr. Hurwitz's recommendation. I did not have to have major surgery have an EKG, have an arteriogram nor see a vein specialist. The squamous cell carcinoma has been successfully removed without major surgery.
11 Years Experience
University Of Massachusetts Medical School
Graduated in 2007
Dr. Zachary M Hurwitz accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS OK BlueChoice
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Community Care PCC
- CommunityCare PPO Standard Network
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSylvia Susana Gray Md, 2017 W I 35 Frontage Rd Ste 250, Edmond, OK
Dr. Zachary M Hurwitz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Edmond, OK.