Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Zadie N Kenkare MD
Dr. Zadie N Kenkare has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Zadie N Kenkare has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 7
Self-verified patient of Dr. Zadie N Kenkare - Posted on June 25th, 2019
This doctor feels justified in telling her patients she is too busy to speak with them. She discussed her heavy work load and difficulty with her staff when I asked to speak to her about a health matter and test that confused me. Then she complained that she had already spent 11 minutes speaking to me and hung up! I’ve changed drs.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Zadie N Kenkare - Posted on March 6th, 2019
Dr. Kenkare was the second general practitioner I tried after pediatrics and I have been there since. I saw two specialists about intense pain throughout my ribs and upper back area with no diagnosis. The first time I met Dr. Kenkare she told me she wanted to rule out gallstones first (which was unlikely but matched my symptoms) and sent me for an ultrasound that same day. She called me an hour later and said that it was it was and referred me to a specialist for surgery. The whole experience was positive. I'm happy to have her as my doctor.
My Doctor Fired Me
Self-verified patient of Dr. Zadie N Kenkare - Posted on February 9th, 2019
I had been a patient of Dr. Kenkare for more than 14 years. I travel extensively for my work and am often at home in CT only a few weekends a year. I am finally back home for good and called to schedule a physical. I was stunned to hear that I was no longer a patient because it had been five years since I was there and Dr. K was not accepting new patients. This despite having faithfully sent her reports for every blood test, procedure, surgeries, ER visits etc from wherever I happened to be working. I think I deserved better. It's very disappointing.
Misdiagnosed me and a good friend of mine
Self-verified patient of Dr. Zadie N Kenkare - Posted on December 1st, 2018
Dr. Kenkare should not be practicing medicine... I suffered for years with Lyme disease, and she refused to listen to me and do further testing... instead she sent me for all out of pocket tests for my heart, chest x rays, an endocrinologist, a rheumatologst, she told me bluntly that I did not have Lyme disease... On recommendation of a friend, I went to a Lyme literate specialist, and was diagnosed properly with Lyme disease.... I just found out a dear friend of mine was diagnosed with blood cancer by Dr. Kenkare, saw a specialist and does NOT have cancer....
Best Doctor Care Ever Experienced
Self-verified patient of Dr. Zadie N Kenkare - Posted on August 26th, 2009
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009, 2011, 2014, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2009, 2016, 2017)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Zadie N Kenkare Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsINTERNAL MEDICINE OF CLINTON, 5 Pequot Park Rd Ste 301, Westbrook, CT
Dr. Zadie N Kenkare is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Westbrook, CT.