Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Zahid M Akram has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Angiographic Visualization
- Chest Infection
- Lung Cancer
Showing 5 of 12
i am a 73 yrs old man that fall alot went to see him ibang in wall and fell in the chair , he said he watch me going down the stepsand there are no steps in both office thought i was faking it gave me a bad report to my family doctor why would doctor giive me such a bad report when i wasn't faking it.
Arrived early to fill out 8 pages of info and was finished in time for appointment. Finally saw Dr. over an hour after scheduled time. Was supposed to be getting breathing test, instead he asked why i was there? Asked most of the questions I had already completed and prescribed nose spray for congestion. Said needed another appointment for test. It apears from the reviews, I'm not the first. Wonder what they billed Medicare for?
Would never recommend to anyone !!! Terrible bedside manner !!!!! Diagnosis without any blood work at all !!!!! Spent very little time with you & rarely looked at you during each visit. Was very intensive about treatment, just kept trying more drugs, with no signs of improvement for four months. What test preformed were done incorrectly, with no real answers as to what was going on. Felt like he was only after his copayment. After four months had to start all over with a new doctor, with great results in the first two visits. Never had such a disappointing experience with a so called specialest in my life !!!!!!!
Dr. Akram is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University Of Pittsburgh Medical Center
Dr. Zahid M Akram accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Humana Tampa Bay CoreNet
- Humana Tampa Bay HUMx HMOx
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGulf Coast Pulmonary Associates, 4746 Rowan Rd, New Port Richey, FL
Dr. Zahid M Akram is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Port Richey, FL.