Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Huntington’s Disease Learn about Huntington’s Disease, including risk factors and causes
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Zahid Akram has the following 1 specialty
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Zahid Akram has the following 15 expertise
- Migraine Disorder
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Seizure Disorders
- Movement Disorders
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Dementia Related Behavioral Disorders
- Migraine Disorders
- Restless Legs Syndrome
- Primary Headache Disorders
Dr. Zahid Akram is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 19
Self-verified patient of Dr. Zahid Akram - Posted on April 27th, 2016
I went in to be treated for migraines which he did get under control to his credit. Then he said I may have MS which terrified me. He sent me for a spinal tap which he did and did a terrible job at might I add blaming me with a crooked spine. I was laid up in bed unable to lift my head for 5 days until I went back to the hospital where a different doctor repaired what he did with no trouble. My spine was in fact not crooked. I would not go back to him and would not trust my body in his hands. He may be knowledgeable but do not let him touch you!
He may not throw rose petals down when you walk in, but he's a brilliant physician.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Zahid Akram - Posted on September 2nd, 2015
Dr. Akram has treated me for migraines. He's the only practitioner that's been able to make my life bearable over the last 20 yrs. I'm a fully functional, productive human being again because of his course of treatment. His demeanor is coolly professional; some people mistake that for indifference. He's not at all indifferent to getting a patient to feel better, so don't make that faulty assumption.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Zahid Akram - Posted on April 30th, 2012
Dr.Akram is very rude and condescending when dealing with his patient. He is more concerned about who is paying the bill and if you have insurance rather than the treating the patient. His office staff do not pay attention to his notes to reschedule next appointment. He is not friendly or caring.
Dr. Akram is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Zahid Akram accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Partner Network Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Zahid Akram, MD - Neurology in Hermitage, PA, in this video.
Dr. Zahid Akram is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Hermitage, PA.