Dr. Zahid N Zafar Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Zahid N Zafar?

Horrible experience

My mother and dad were patients for Dr. Zafar for years. They moved to assisted living in 2013 and continued to see Dr. Zafar. My Dad passed away in 2014. Dr. Zafar started sending a mobile doctor to the assisted living facility which we never requested for my mom to be seen by. She would come and check her vitals at least once a month and my mom really didn't want to see her and we finally got it stopped. The last time they came was in 2015. Two weeks ago my mom got very sick with some type of upper respiratory illness. The 2nd day she was sick I knew she needed to see a doctor. The head of nursing at the assisted living center called three different numbers for Dr. Zafar. 2 of the three were his office by the Medical Center in McKinney and his "mobile unit" which had also seen her before. She was told by all 3 places that they had no record of her ever being a patient. She let me know this and I called his office by the McKinney Medical Center where they used to always go see him. I was told by a man there that the last time they saw her was in 2015 and she had been seen by the mobile unit so she was no longer a patient of Dr. Zafar's. I asked why no one ever told us that and he had no idea but referred me to the mobile unit. They had no record of her and would not see her. I was really upset and finally was able to get her signed up for a different doctor and she was then seen and by then had pneumonia in one lung. I cannot tell you how angry and disappointed in Dr. Zafar that I am! I would NEVER RECOMMEND ANYONE to him!!! The only doctor she had to depend on at 94 years old was him and they acted like I was crazy to even ask for them to see her. It was so very frustrating and was a very helpless situation. This website wouldn't let me put zero stars so I had to put 1 to be able to put the review out here or you would see ZERO.

Good luck!

Office wait time is always in excess of an hour and most cases closer to two hours. Oftentimes I never see Dr Zafar. On more than one occasion the staff just refilled my prescriptions.

Extremely long wait

It is not unusual to wait almost 2 hours to see Dr Zafar. In most cases when he is running late I never see him. I either see the pa or no one at all.

Refused to see infectious patient

I contracted mumps from my granddaughter. I called Dr Zafars office to notify them and they scheduled an appointment for the following afternoon. I waited in the car and my wife waited in the waiting room. After an hour (not unusual for Dr Zafar) my wife wAs told she needed to take me to er because I was contagious. Er visit cost over$1000 as opposed to $40 office visit.

Ms.

Thoughtful and knowledgeable. Listens.

Not for me.

I have visited this doctor several times over the past year. I've received contradictory information from him and his PA. The PA will GOOGLE medicine and ask me what medicine I'd like to take. Dr. Zafar doesn't listen to me and doesn't address my questions. Instead I get lectured by him about my weight each time I'm in the office- despite the fact that I've asked multiple times about problems. All of my problems are "solved" with a new prescription, not searching for the cause of the problem. He spends more time looking at the computer than talking to me. I will be finding a new doctor. However, the staff is incredibly friendly and kind. It's always easy to get an appointment.

Great office and the best doctors !!!!!

This Doctor not only listens but he is attentive to your need and he is not one to just write you a prescription without understanding your problem. I had this doctor since 2007 and my grandparents started seeing Zahid as their Primary Care Provider.

fantastic doctor!

Docotr ran late and left without seeing us

I took my granmother for an appointment with Dr. Zafar and he was running late. It was 2 1/2 hours total before we were helped in the room.My grandmother had always had to be seen by nurse practioners and with her new insurance she could see a doctor. I was happy about that. Dr. Zafar came highly recommended and I was looking forward to this visit.We were very patient with the wait and we were the last ones there over the lunch hour. We waited in the room and instead of Dr. Zafar we got the nurse praactioner. Dr. Zafar had left and left us to see the nurse practioner on our first and very long visit there. Even though he ran late he left before we could be seen. It would have been nice if he came and introduced himself to us and explained he needed lunch or whatever it was and that we would be left in good hands. In the nurse practioners defense, she was great. That's beside the point.

Reeka RN

I work with Dr. Zafar. I think he is EXCELLENT! Love the accuracy of diagnosis.

Thorough, concise. Excellent follow-up & understanding of what is needed.

This is a doctor who listens, cares andis knowledgeable. Felt confident that Iwas in good hands, someone I could workwith.