Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Zainul A Abedin
Dr. Zainul A Abedin, MD is a Doctor primarily located in El Paso, TX. He has 47 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease, Internal Medicine and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology. Dr. Abedin is affiliated with University Medical Center Of El Paso. Dr. Abedin has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Zainul A Abedin has the following 3 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
While cardiologists diagnose and treat all types of heart disease, electrophysiologists have extended education in rhythmic disorders, also known as cardiac arrhythmia or an irregular heartbeat. An electrophysiologist typically works closely with a cardiologist and together they can treat arrhythmia, help you prevent blood clots, or restore and control a normal heart rate.
They can also provide information on medications and devices — such as a pacemaker or an implantable defibrillator — used to control an abnormal heart rate. When it come to treating arrhythmias, there are both invasive and non-invasive treatment options and an electrophysiologist can help you decide which is right for you.
Dr. Zainul A Abedin has the following 10 expertise
- Unstable Angina
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Failure
- Myocardial Infarction
- Coronary Disease
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Heart Block
Dr. Zainul A Abedin is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 10
Best care possible
Self-verified patient of Dr. Zainul A Abedin - Posted on February 8th, 2012
I was refered to Dr. Abedin by my primary cardiologist for SVT. I underwent an ablation procedure perfomed by Dr. Abedin in 2010. I was nervous and hesitant but the procedure went off without a hitch and I am free of annoying heart rhythm issues. The wait time can be long, but Dr. Abedin is worth the wait.
A young girls Ocassional Rapid palpitations of the Heart
Self-verified patient of Dr. Zainul A Abedin - Posted on February 2nd, 2009
Dr. Abedin as well as his staff were very caring. I researched the rapid palpitations my daughter was having with her heart and I went directly to Dr Abedin without a referral. He accepted our arrival and told us we were at the right place. He knew exactly what to do. He specializes in this and he performed surgery via her arteries and she recovered with no side effects nor complications. They work with us to arrange the payments of our deductible and I can not thank Dr Abedin enough. I wish all doctors were as caring as Dr. Abedin.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2011, 2009, 2014, 2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Abedin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
47 Years Experience
Indira Gandhi Medical College
Graduated in 1971
Medical College Of Ohio Hospital
Dr. Zainul A Abedin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsARRHYTHMIA SPECIALIST OF EL PASO, 1701 N Lee Trevino Dr Ste C, El Paso, TX
Dr. Zainul A Abedin is similar to the following 4 Doctors near El Paso, TX.