Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Zakaria W Maniya
Dr. Zakaria W Maniya, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Trenton, NJ. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Nephrology. Dr. Maniya is affiliated with St Francis Medical Center and Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at Hamilton. He speaks English.
Dr. Zakaria W Maniya has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Chronic Renal Disease
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Kidney Biopsy
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
Dr Maniya saved my life. I wasn't happy to hear I needed to begin dialysis, and I was very upset. Dr Maniya told me everything would be okay once I started dialysis. It has now been 3 months since I started dialysis and I have my life back. I'm driving, I'm feeling better than I have in the past year. He is a professional with a heart of GOLD. And I made such wonderful friends at Renal Ventures, we are a family.
Dr. Maniya is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
Dow Medical College
Graduated in 1983
Coney Island Hospital
Dr. Zakaria W Maniya accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsConsultants In Kidney Diseases, 2333 Whitehorse Mercerville Rd Ste 4, Trenton, NJ
Dr. Zakaria W Maniya is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Trenton, NJ.