Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Zane M Knoer has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 12
How do you get the physician's assistants to return your calls? They never answer their phones so you always have to get voice mail. What happens to that message is a mystery. This is a serious problem as I have had several very important issues that I needed answers to. Because of this, I am presently looking for another internist.
Dr. Knoer is an excellent and very thorough doctor. However, there is a problem with the communication system when you need information or have a question. The receptionist listens to the reason that you have called and then connects you to a medical assistant. The medical assistant never answers the phone (I know they are busy doing other things) so you get voice mail. Having left many messages in the last few months, I have had one call returned. This system is dysfunctional.
I found Dr. Knoer to be helpful, and from what I can tell may be a good physician. However, he does not respond to phone calls and his staff is very inefficient, unresponsive, and rude. How can anyone see a physician who does not respond? That borders on being unethical. And, I have never written a bad review for a physician before...so this is not common for me.
I enjoy being a patient of Dr. Knoer. He spends all the time I need to go over all my questions and concerns. I feel he has a very good bedside manner, more so than other doctors that I have been to. The one thing I do not appreciate is the wait for the office staff to take care of my business. The office staff changes very frequently and I think that makes things hard for both sides of the window. I will continue to be a Dr. Zane Knoer patient, he does a great job for me!
Dr. Knoer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
United States Army Medical Center
Dr. Zane M Knoer accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- Spectrum Health
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsInternal Medicine Associates, 7 Atkinson Dr Ste 111, Ludington, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Zane M Knoer in this video.
Dr. Zane M Knoer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ludington, MI.