Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Zeynep Altun
Dr. Zeynep Altun, MD, PHD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY. She has 28 years of experience. Her specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Altun is affiliated with New York Presbyterian Hospital / The Allen Pavilion, New York Presbyterian / Westchester and NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell. She speaks English.
Dr. Zeynep Altun has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 32
Dr Altun has been treating my mother for some time now. I am very happy with the progress she has made. Dr. Altun is very professional, knowledgeable, compassionate and reliable. She is always available whenever we have a question about her treatment. She takes her time to listen to my mom. She is terrific. I would strongly recommend her to anyone who is looking for a psychiatrist to trust.
Over the years I have seen multiple therapists and psychiatrists and I can say that Dr Altun is by far the most knowledgeable, caring, empathetic and helpful among them. She gave me the correct diagnosis and worked with me in finding the most effective medication regimen, taking my input into account at every decision. She made sure to coordinate my care with my other medical doctors. She is truly exceptional and helped me recover greatly.
Dr. Altun is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
New York Presbyterian Hospital / The Allen Pavilion
New York Presbyterian / Westchester
NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell
Bellevue Hospital Center
28 Years Experience
Graduated in 1985
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Locations & DirectionsZeynep Fatma Altun MD, 1 E 27th St, New York, NY
Dr. Zeynep Altun is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.