Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Zhiqian R Wang has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Zhiqian R Wang has the following 21 expertise
- Giant Cell Arteritis
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
Showing 5 of 14
Excellent Rheumatologist, he actually listens to you, to make your treatment plan work.
I saw Dr Wang when initially diagnosed with RA, He spent about a half hour with me in the initial appt. He gave me 2 handouts and I left not knowing much more than I did when I walked into his office. He was nice, but I wanted a Dr who would be aggressive with my treatment and explain things very clearly. I searched for another Dr right away and am very very happy that I switched. My new doc is amazing!!
Doc was great!!! His staff was terrible & slow to help.. Stood at counter 15 minutes before being helped. Once I got to him, I was very happy with his care. Caring & easy to talk, explained everything to me in terms I could understand.. I would highly recommend Doctor Wang but hope the staff improves a great deal..
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
25 Years Experience
- Ecfmg Certification Verification Service
Dr. Zhiqian R Wang accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
Group Health Coop
- Group Health Coop Alliant Plus Connect
- Group Health Coop Core
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Moda Health First Choice Network
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Regence Health Plans
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Zhiqian R Wang
Board certified in rheumatology and internal medicine, Dr. Wang is fellowship-trained and specializes in rheumatology. Dr. Wang is committed to providing comprehensive treatment and taking a holistic view of the health of each of his patients. Dr. Wang has a broad interest and experience in treating patients with health issues ranging from rheumatoid arthritis and osteoporosis to carpal tunnel syndrome, tendinitis and vasculitis. He also provides care for patients suffering from other chronic conditions, such as lupus and gout. Dr. Wang is experienced in procedures to alleviate pain and speed recovery, including joint/soft tissue injections and ultrasound-guided diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal disorders. He is a member of the American College of Rheumatology. Dr. Wang is fluent in English and Chinese.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Zhiqian R Wang is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Lakewood, WA.