Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Zia M Sheikh has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Zia M Sheikh has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Zia M Sheikh has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 41
Dr. Sheikh is my mother's physician. He, himself, is a wonderful doctor for her. He listens to her, and treats her as if she was his mother. He never hurries her and treats her seriously. The Olean office staff that handles his phone calls and appointments ruins anything good that Dr. Sheikh may exhibit. The Salamanca staff is very nice, very helpful; but, again, the Olean staff is extremely rude, disrespectful and negligent in seeing that phone calls are answered; when you are put on hold for a phone call, they hang up. If it wasn't for the fact that my mom trusts Dr. Sheikh, I would not allow her to go there.
I have seen Doctor Sheikh for many years! I feel that he actually listens to me and goes the extra mile to make sure everything is addressed before I leave his office. His staff on the other hand is horrible and I never have a good encounter with them. He has wrote me referral after referral to see specialist they lose them or take months (or even a year-yes that's happened to me) to set things up. I've noticed they do not file paperwork correctly, lose paperwork regularly, have bad attitudes, sit behind the window laughing and joking instead of dealing with the long line of people before them...the list goes on. I've recently decided to search for another primary doctor because as amazing as he is, I have dealt with enough from his incompetent staff. If he ever replaces them I would go back to his office in a heartbeat!
I chose Dr. Sheikh as my Primary Care doctor about a year and a half ago, on the recommendation of a friend. My father is also a patient of his. What I like most is that he actually LISTENS to me. I never feel rushed, and he always takes the time to answer any question I might have--and encourages me to ask more! He is always willing to re-explain anything i didn't understand, draw a picture/diagram, or whatever it takes to address any concerns I might have. It might sound silly but its refreshing to have a Doctor that's so concerned with my level of understanding. Without a doubt, the thing I like the least, is that I sometimes end up sitting in the waiting room for 45 minutes (or more), before I actually see the doctor. That can be a bit frustrating, but by the time my appointment is over, I remember why I keep coming back. What a good doctor! I will keep him as long as he stays in the area!
30 Years Experience
Dow Medical College
Graduated in 1988
Dr. Zia M Sheikh accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Independent Health Encompass HMO
- Independent Health FlexFit HMO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Zia M Sheikh is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Salamanca, NY.