Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ziad T Awad has the following 1 specialty
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Esophageal Achalasia
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- Stomach Cancer
- Swallowing disorder (Deglutition Disorder)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Stomach Stapling (Gastroplasty)
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Hiatal Hernia
Showing 5 of 95
An Ultrasound located a non cancerous tumor on the outside of the throat where it meets the stomach. It was presumed to be 1 by 2 inches long. Dr. Awad estimated the surgery to take 2 to 3 hours. Dr. Awad performed the surgery orthoscopily. When he got in the tumor was not vertical on the throat but wrapped around the throat and was 2 by 3 inches. The surgery was a complete success and took about 5 hours, Dr. Awad removed it completely. He is a true and extremely skilled professional. On my preop appointment he gave me his personal cell phone number, how many doctors do that today! I am truly blessed to have such a great surgeon care for me!
I met Dr. Awad about 2-3 weeks after being diagnosed with cancer of the esophagus. After discussing my diagnosis, he proposed a 3-4 month plan that included chemo, radiation, and surgery. He set the expectations for the best possible outcome which included my responsibilities for getting myself in good physical shape for the surgery, and making sure my nutrition (and weight) didn't slip. The plan could not have worked better. The chemo and radiation reduced the size of the tumor significantly, and the surgery went great. I'm now 2 and a half weeks out of major surgery, and I'm walking a mile to a mile and a half, 2-3 times a day. My Oncologist and my general practitioner are both amazed at how Dr. Awad performed the surgery, and at my progress. I consider myself very lucky that he is the surgeon to whom my Oncologist directed me. Thank you Dr. Awad.
Dr. Awad will save your life ! His staff and fellows are all a great group of professionals. It is a wise choice to put your trust in this surgeon. If you live far away it is worth the trip to be cured by him. Dr. Awad was a fine, caring and patient man and an excellent surgeon.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2015, 2016)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016, 2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2014, 2016, 2013, 2015, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2016, 2015)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Dr. Awad is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University Of Missouri Health System
Dr. Ziad T Awad accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Carelink HMO
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Of Florida Plastic, 4555 Emerson St Ste 230, Jacksonville, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ziad T Awad in this video.
Dr. Ziad T Awad is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Jacksonville, FL.