Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Zinoviy T Benzar has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Bipolar Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
Simply the best doctor out there. Pulled me out of my mysery and for the first time in 2 years I enjoyed the holidays and spent them with my family like I should have done before. I am back to being me after getting the right medications as well as psychotherapy from Dr. B. I wish him all the best because he is a miracle of of doctor. Thank you for seeing me at my convenience also.
Dr. Benzar thank you for giving me my life back. I appreciate your patience and thank you to your girls for handling my calls all the time. You gave me the courage to go on and my family has their son and father back. I will always be your patient and wish the world to know that you are a hero in my eyes.
Refused continuation of an ongoing treatment based on an operation and medication that has been approved by Mount Sinai liver clinic. Lied about FDA approved treatment options. When asked for alternatives, said you can survive w out any. This is on top of not asking a SINGLE question about behavior. Spending about 10 minutes before and after his lecture on unrelated condition in children (which didnt even sound accurate) on his phone with out saying a word and later making notes again with out saying a word. Disgusting
Dr. Benzar is a gem in the rough. He is not just a psychiatrist, but a medica doctor who made sure that my symptoms were not medically related and he was right in my diagnosis. The other doctors I went to just gave me refills of same meds. He actually helped me. I don't know of any other doctor who spends an hour with you on a visit for the crappy insurance pay. I bet you can't find a doc like this one in the city for lots of cash. Thank You Dr. for being one.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
37 Years Experience
Oo Bogomolets National Medical University
Graduated in 1981
St Lukes-Roosevelt Hospital Center
Dr. Zinoviy T Benzar accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsZinoviy T Benzar Md, 2072 Bath Ave, Brooklyn, NY
Dr. Zinoviy T Benzar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brooklyn, NY.