Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Zissimos Mourelatos
Dr. Zissimos Mourelatos, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Philadelphia, PA. He has 27 years of experience. His specialties include Anatomic Pathology, Neuropathology and Pathology. Dr. Mourelatos is affiliated with Penn Presbyterian Medical Center and Pennsylvania Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Zissimos Mourelatos has the following 3 specialties
- Anatomic Pathology
A pathologist is a physician who specializes in the causes and paths taken by different diseases in order to accurately diagnose an illness.
Pathologists diagnose and determine the characteristics of a disease through the study of biopsies of diseased tissue or of bodily fluids. For example, a pathologist will look at a biopsy of a skin lesion in order to diagnose or rule out skin cancer. A pathologist will also look at a Pap smear in order to check for a gynecological cancer like cancer of the uterus.
In addition to determining the cause and development of a disease, these specialists also study the changes a disease makes to a body and the consequences of those structural changes.
- Tissue Biopsy
- Blood Testing
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Fluid Testing
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Mourelatos is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
27 Years Experience
Aristotle University Of Thessaloniki
Graduated in 1991
University Of Pennsylvania Health System
Dr. Zissimos Mourelatos accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHospital Of The University Of Pennsylvania, 3400 Spruce St, Philadelphia, PA
Dr. Zissimos Mourelatos is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.