Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Get the facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- Knee Replacement Facts about knee replacement surgery.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Zohair Alam
Dr. Zohair Alam, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Silver Spring, MD. He has 22 years of experience. His specialties include Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine and Orthopedic Surgery. Dr. Alam is affiliated with Doctors Community Hospital, MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center and Holy Cross Hospital of Silver Spring. He speaks English.
Dr. Zohair Alam has the following 2 specialties
- Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine
An osteopath is a physician who is trained in the philosophy of osteopathic medicine. These doctors have a D.O. degree which stands for Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, as opposed to M.D. for Medical Doctor.
Osteopathic medicine differs from conventional medicine, which is sometimes referred to as allopathic medicine, in that they incorporate a type of manual therapy called Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine (OMM) into their treatment in which they manipulate the spine in order to relieve pain when other methods have not been successful. This is reflective of the philosophical difference between the two types of physicians; osteopaths are trained to treat the body as a whole in the belief that the body is structured with the ability to heal itself while medical doctors treat specific illnesses or symptoms.
Overall, osteopaths and medical doctors in the US are both equally qualified to treat patients and they work in the same settings and provide the same treatments.
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 37
I have been a patient for a few years now, the front desk especially Michelle is always a breath of fresh air. Very professional and multi tasks without missing a patient coming thru the door. I first was with Dr Love & now Dr Alam, with great bedside manner. Appreciate the time spent with me and not rushed thru consultation time. I would trust them with any family member of mine!
I have been coming to see Dr. Alam for years. He has always been informative and listens to my concerns before recommending a course of action. The front office staff are quick and friendly and Steve is a godsend. The new location is great and thanks for not having to pay for parking. Well done everyone!
Came into Dr. Alam's office with hip pain. Was given a steroid injection, obviously in the wrong area, as it didn't alleviate the pain one iota. Steroid injections that I've had in the past in other areas of my body have ALWAYS worked. I even told him where I felt he should give me the injection, but he did it his way. He referred me to PT, & was told he evidently should have listened to me. Upon leaving his office, I asked him when he would like to see me again. This was his response: "No need for a follow-up". WHAT??? Are you kidding me? I came to the ultimate conclusion that because I was a Medicare patient, he didn't want to be bothered with me. Bottom line, I'm too much of a Christian to say what I REALLY think of him!!!
Dr. Alam is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Takoma Park, MD
Fort Washington Hospital
22 Years Experience
Howard University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
Dr. Zohair Alam accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsORTHOPEDIC ASSOCIATES PA, 2101 Medical Park Dr, Silver Spring, MD
Dr. Zohair Alam is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Silver Spring, MD.