Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Zonia D Acosta has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Zonia D Acosta has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 4 of 18
best Dr I've had
Self-verified patient of Dr. Zonia D Acosta - Posted on May 21st, 2015
Been with Dr Acosta for more than 10 years and I love her
Self-verified patient of Dr. Zonia D Acosta - Posted on December 5th, 2013
The Doctors prescription was incorrect and when I and pharmacy called to have it change to proper dose the staff was rude and evasive. The Doctor or her Assistant can never be reached by phone and will not return calls ( left voice mail) since staff is so rude. The answering system says office hours are 9am to 4pm but staff says they are close from 12 to 2Pm. Awful place do not recommend
Self-verified patient of Dr. Zonia D Acosta - Posted on December 15th, 2011
I couldn't ask for a better healthcare partner!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Zonia D Acosta - Posted on January 1st, 2010
I have been going to see Dr Acosta for 6 years now and wouldn't dream of changing to a different primary doctor. She truly cares about a persons total wellbeing and spends quality time me (the patient). The staff is genuine and even when Dr Acosta is unavailable, the other physicians are as caring...
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2012, 2009, 2015, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2011, 2013, 2010, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Acosta is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Prince Georges Hospital Center
Dr. Zonia D Acosta accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsHOLY CROSS MEDICAL GROUP, 4004 N Ocean Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Zonia D Acosta, MD - Internal Medicine in Fort Lauderdale, FL, in this video.
Dr. Zonia D Acosta is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Fort Lauderdale, FL.