How to prepare
Having made your appointment with a healthcare provider, there are certain actions that you need to take in order to maximize the benefits of your visit.
When going to the doctor’s office, bring:
- A list of all medications that you currently take, including vitamins and herbal supplements
- A list of all symptoms experienced with a timeline and any activities that make the symptoms worse
- A list of allergies
- Chart of all past medical history, including surgery, medical problems, and the dates of each
- A family medical history chart
- A list of questions that you might have
- If you will be having a procedure, make arrangements for a ride home.
- Inform the doctor if you could be pregnant or are breastfeeding.