From your initial asthma diagnosis throughout your treatment and care, you will probably have questions about your condition. Review these questions before your appointment, or print it out to bring with you, so you can cover all of the topics that are important to you with your doctor.
Questions about My Asthma Diagnosis
- What is the cause of my asthma? If the cause is removed, are my chances of having another asthma attack reduced?
- What should I do when I experience a severe attack? What are the signs of an emergency?
Questions about My Asthma Treatment
- How do I use an asthma inhaler?
- How long do I have to take medication?
- What are the medications that I have to avoid?
- What are the side effects of my asthma medication? How can I prevent them?
- Are there medications that I have to carry with me all the time?
Questions about My Lifestyle and Family
- Are there certain places or foods that I need to avoid?
- Are there lifestyle habits I can change to get some asthma relief and reduce my risk of an asthma attack?
- Is asthma hereditary? Can I pass it to my children?