There are no tests that can diagnose fibromyalgia. Instead, your doctor will make a diagnosis based on your medical history and a physical exam and by ruling out other causes of your symptoms.
To diagnose fibromyalgia, your doctor will look for:
- Widespread pain and tenderness that you have experienced in the past week
- The number of pressure points you have
- Other symptoms, like fatigue and confusion
- A history of symptoms that have occurred over at least three months
- Absence of other causes for your symptoms