After making your appointment with a healthcare provider, there are certain actions that you should take in order to maximize the benefit of your visit.
Write out and bring the following lists with you:
- All medications that are currently being taken
- All symptoms experienced, with a timeline
- Past medical history including surgery, medical problems and the dates of each
- Any skin lesions or change in pigment
In addition, you’ll want to wear loose clothing and undergarments in preparation for a full body scan. You should also stop taking aspirin a week prior to the exam if there is any possibility of biopsies.
For an MRI:
- Wear clothes without any metal
- Remove all jewelry, Glasses, hearing aids, dentures, wallet
- Remove cosmetics/make-up
- Remove any prosthetic devices
Make sure to also follow any instructions given to you by your doctor or staff at the facility where you’ll be tested.