From your initial diagnosis of metastatic melanoma throughout your treatment and care, you will probably have questions about your condition. Review the following list before your appointment, or print it out to bring with you.
Question About My Diagnosis
- Has my melanoma spread and if so, how far?
- What is my prognosis?
- Can I be cured?
Questions About My Treatment
- Can the treatment keep me in remission?
- Are there alternative therapies that you recommend?
- Are there clinical trials that I could enroll in?
- Can all the melanoma be removed?
- Will removed or treated areas reoccur?
- How long will I need to undergo treatment?
- What are the side effects of the treatment?
- What if I choose not to have the treatment?
- What can I do to prevent recurrence?
- How frequently will I need follow-up exams?
Questions About My Lifestyle and Family
- Does this run in families?
- Can I go out in daylight or must I stay indoors?
- Are there activities that I should avoid?
- Is there a special diet or vitamin supplement to protect me?
- Will I still be able to work?
- Can I still drive?
- Must I wear long-sleeved shirts or special protective clothing?
- Is there exercise to improve my condition?