- Coventry Health Care
Doctors in Southeastern Emergency Physicians
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
Southeastern Emergency Physicians is affiliated with the following hospitals
- Volunteer Community Hospital Martin, TN 38237
- Methodist Fayette Hospital Somerville, TN 38068
- Baptist Memorial Hospital - Union City Union City, TN 38261
- Baptist Memorial Hospital-Collierville Collierville, TN 38017
- Baptist Memorial Hospital - Desoto Southaven, MS 38671
- Baptist Memorial Hospital For Women Memphis, TN 38120
- Baptist Memorial Hospital - Memphis Memphis, TN 38120
- Baptist Memorial Hospital North Ms Oxford, MS 38655
- Baptist Memorial Hospital Tipton Covington, TN 38019
- Baptist Memorial Hospital Union County New Albany, MS 38652
- Baptist Memorial Rehabilitation Center Germantown, TN 38138
- Nea Medical Center Jonesboro, AR 72401
Affiliated doctors have gone to the following schools
- University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
- Kakatiya Medical College
Nearby Group Practices
Southeastern Emergency Physicians is similar to the following 3 Group Pracices near Collierville, TN.
Baptist Memorial Medical Group Inc.
Orthoone Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine
Metro Anesthesia Alliance PLLC
Information About Group Practices
What is a Group Practice?
According to The Medical Group Management Association, a group practice is any relationship between three or more physicians who share facilities, expenses, profits and other resources like support staff and equipment. Group practices tend to fall into two categories: those that organize around a particular medical specialty and those that encompass several specialties like East Boston Neighborhood Health that specializes in internal medicine
Why Group Practice?
As medicine became more complex in the twentieth century, the need for group practices made more sense. Physicians found it impossible to know everything about the emerging drugs and technologies on the medical landscape. In addition, the cost of providing a full range of diagnostic services, such as tests and X-rays, in one location became prohibitive to the individual practitioner. Hence, doctors from various disciplines began to team together in order to provide more comprehensive care to their community of patients.