Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Union Medical Center
Union Medical Center is a Hospital in Union, SC. This facility has 143 total beds. This facility has been rated 2 times, with an average patient rating of 1.5.
HCAHPS Patient Score
What is HCAHPS?
The HCAHPS (Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems) Survey, is a standardized survey instrument and data collection methodology that has been in use since 2006 to measure patients' perspectives of hospital care. The HCAHPS survey is administered to a random sample of adult patients across medical conditions between 48 hours and 6 weeks after discharge; the survey isn't restricted to Medicare beneficiaries. You can learn more here.
*CMS has created the HCAHPS Star Ratings in order to enable consumers to more quickly and easily assess the patient experience of care information that is provided on the Hospital Compare Web site. Star ratings also allow consumers to more easily compare hospitals.
** HCAHPS data is broken down into the following buckets; definitely recommend, probably recommend, probably not recommend, definitely not recommend.
322 W South St
Union, SC 29379
Book Online Now
Showing 2 of 2
Extremely Disappointing ER Physician
Self-verified patient of Union Medical Center - Posted on May 23rd, 2018
NOTE: I do not qualify this as the fault of Union Medical Center. The ER Physician's are sent here on a schedule. If I'm correct, they are not UMC/Union, SC office/local resident physicians) It was necessary for me to see a Dr in ER around 10:30 pm. I was in extreme pain. Fortunately, they were not crowded, taking minimal time being called. After the usual procedures, initial contact w/the physician, I was taken to X-ray. THEN the wait. After an hour or +, the physician returned stating he did not know why I was there - nothing wrong w/my foot. I inquired why the pain and difficulty standing, walking. I received, nothing is broken. Again, nothing is wrong w/ your foot, don't know why you're here & not giving you anything for pain. Exasperated, I gave up on attempts for medical treatment. As to "don't know why you're here". My final words: "I was bored, wanted to throw $$ away, & I ended up here". (BTW - foot pain has increased).
Worst Place Ever
Self-verified patient of Union Medical Center - Posted on January 22nd, 2018
My wife went to the center with a bad scrape on ankle from falling. Treated her for COPD symptoms and placed bandage over infected scrap. Wife couldn't stand by herself. Nurses assumed she could brought in wheel chair and she fell to floor and hurt herself even more. They never told me about this and covered it up. My wife told me later on when I got her home. Would never take anyone to that place again. Should have sued!
Union Medical Center offers the following services provided by staff, or by arrangement or agreement with a third party
|Extracorporeal Shockwave Lithotripter|
|Urgent Care Center|
|Designated Trauma Center|
|Adult Inpatient Psychiatric|
|Postoperative Recovery Room|
|Non-Medicare Organ Transplant|
|Cardiac Thoracic Surgery|
|Medicare Certified Transplant Center|
|Medical Surgical ICU|
|Coronary Care Unit|
|Cardiac Catheterization Lab|
|Psychiatric Child and/or Adolescent|
|CARF Inpatient Rehabilitation|
|Burn Care Unit|
|Alcohol and/or Drug|
|Acute Renal Dialysis|
Locations & Directions, ,
Union Medical Center is similar to the following 4 Hospitals near Union, SC.