University Hospitals Portage Medical Center offers emergency services. Please contact this hospital for more information.
Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About University Hospitals Portage Medical Center
University Hospitals Portage Medical Center is a Hospital in Ravenna, OH. This facility has 302 total beds, of which 280 are certified. This facility has been rated 1 time, with an average patient rating of 1.
Showing 1 of 1
I hurt my back in school the day before. I could barely walk. My mom took me to the Med Center in Streetsboro where I was told that they didn't know what was wrong with my back. They charged $50 and said that I needed to go to the Emergency Room at UH Portage so that they could take an x-ray of my back. The first doctor in the ER was very rude. After he left, a lady came in with a bottle and a long needle. My mom asked what it was. The lady said it was the pain medicine we wanted. I didn't want to be stuck with a needle. We came to get a back x-ray and NEVER asked for any pain medicine! More doctors came in. Some were nice. One told me that I should put cold on my back and another said that I should use a heating pad. Eventually they decided that I didn't need an x-ray, said I would be OK and sent me home. UH Portage charged $250. They were rude, made me feel uncomfortable and treated me like a drug addict. I never wanted to go but had to because my parents took me. What did they do for me? Nothing!
University Hospitals Portage Medical Center offers the following services provided by staff, or by arrangement or agreement with a third party
|Acute Renal Dialysis|
|Alcohol and/or Drug Services|
|Burn Care Unit|
|Cardiac Catheterization Lab|
|Cardiac Thoracic Surgery|
|Rehab - Inpatient|
|Trauma Center Certified|
|Radiology - Diagnostic|
|Dedicated Emergency Department|
|Psychiatric - Emergency|
|Extracorporeal Shockwave Lithotripter|
|Psychiatric - Forensic|
|Psychiatric - Geriatric|
|Surgical Services Inpatient|
|Medical Surgical ICU|
|Transplant Center Medicare|
|Psychiatric - Outpatient|
|Rehab - Outpatient|
|Outpatient Surgery Unit|
|Postoperative Recovery Room|
|Psychiatric - Child Adolescent|
|Radiology - Therapeutic|
|Urgent Care Center|
Locations & Directions6847 N Chestnut St, Ravenna, OH
University Hospitals Portage Medical Center is similar to the following 2 Hospitals near Ravenna, OH.