Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About York Hospital
York Hospital is a Hospital in York, ME. This facility has 79 total beds. This facility has been rated 2 times, with an average patient rating of 2.5.
HCAHPS Patient Score
What is HCAHPS?
The HCAHPS (Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems) Survey, is a standardized survey instrument and data collection methodology that has been in use since 2006 to measure patients' perspectives of hospital care. The HCAHPS survey is administered to a random sample of adult patients across medical conditions between 48 hours and 6 weeks after discharge; the survey isn't restricted to Medicare beneficiaries. You can learn more here.
*CMS has created the HCAHPS Star Ratings in order to enable consumers to more quickly and easily assess the patient experience of care information that is provided on the Hospital Compare Web site. Star ratings also allow consumers to more easily compare hospitals.
** HCAHPS data is broken down into the following buckets; definitely recommend, probably recommend, probably not recommend, definitely not recommend.
15 Hospital Dr
York, ME 03909
Showing 2 of 2
Not Good for the Elderly
Self-verified patient of York Hospital - Posted on April 30th, 2018
I've taken both my parents to York Hospital over the years, and the care has been far less than stellar. With my father, the doctor was so involved with one issue that he never noticed rapid paralysis and failing stability. My father ended up breaking his leg in a fall. After two failed rehab stints the "social worker" suggested hospice care as he was basically wheelchair bound. He was far from terminal at this point. With my mother, it's been a similiar situation in that when I asked the "social worker" if there was a gerontologist on staff, she didn't seem to know what I was asking. Then, when we finally saw a doctor for five minutes he asked my mother (who has failing mental capabilities) a few questions and then sent us on our way, after refusing to listen to anything I had to say. This hospital is a joke for anyone over the age of 50, and likely for those under that age.
Sylvia M. Rowe
Self-verified patient of York Hospital - Posted on August 1st, 2017
York Hospital offers the following services provided by staff, or by arrangement or agreement with a third party
|Acute Renal Dialysis|
|Urgent Care Center|
|Non-Medicare Organ Transplant|
|Cardiac Thoracic Surgery|
|Psychiatric Child and/or Adolescent|
|Extracorporeal Shockwave Lithotripter|
|Cardiac Catheterization Lab|
|Medicare Certified Transplant Center|
|Coronary Care Unit|
|Designated Trauma Center|
|Adult Inpatient Psychiatric|
|CARF Inpatient Rehabilitation|
|Burn Care Unit|
|Medical Surgical ICU|
|Postoperative Recovery Room|
|Alcohol and/or Drug|
Locations & Directions15 Hospital Dr, York, ME
York Hospital is similar to the following 4 Hospitals near York, ME.