Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Penobscot Valley Hospital
Penobscot Valley Hospital is a Hospital in Lincoln, ME. This facility has been rated 1 time, with an average patient rating of 2.
Showing 1 of 1
I went to PVH o 1/11/18 with severe neck, head and shoulder pain, difficulty swallowing, swollen neck complaints. I was registered, triaged and saw the Dr within a fairly short time. I was in the ER for about 9 hours total. No blood work was requested. The CT scan that was ordered took several hours to get done. Before the CT scan was ordered I was put out of my bed and into the waiting room to free my bed for another patient. I was just waiting for discharge papers. When the Dr came to check on me and see if I should really be discharged, he decided that due to my level of pain, I really should not be going anywhere. He had me put back into a bed and went to order the ct scan. It was then time for change of shifts...great. The ct scan was ordered around 7pm and I finally had it around 1030.Then had to wait for someone in Australia to read the results and get back to the Dr in Maine. I was so ready to leave hors before this, but really couldn't due to the pain. I got home around 1230 this morning. All I learned was that I had a sore neck. It took this hospital 9 hours to diagnose me with what I knew was wrong. I was treated very good. I just cannot understand why if the ER is that busy the staff cant finish with 1 patient and get the discharge done so they have the extra room. Why put a patient that is in pain and clearly not feeling better in the waiting room only to have them put back into a room for further treatment. This isn't the first time I have had issues with the wait time here
Penobscot Valley Hospital offers the following services provided by staff, or by arrangement or agreement with a third party
|Acute Renal Dialysis|
|Alcohol and/or Drug|
|Burn Care Unit|
|CARF Inpatient Rehabilitation|
|Psychiatric Child and/or Adolescent|
|Cardiac Catheterization Lab|
|Coronary Care Unit|
|Medical Surgical ICU|
|Medicare Certified Transplant Center|
|Cardiac Thoracic Surgery|
|Non-Medicare Organ Transplant|
|Postoperative Recovery Room|
|Adult Inpatient Psychiatric|
|Designated Trauma Center|
|Urgent Care Center|
|Extracorporeal Shockwave Lithotripter|
Locations & Directions7 Transalpine Rd, Lincoln, ME
Penobscot Valley Hospital is similar to the following 3 Hospitals near Lincoln, ME.