Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Coosa Valley Medical Center
Coosa Valley Medical Center is a Hospital in Sylacauga, AL. This facility has 148 total beds. This facility has been rated 4 times, with an average patient rating of 1.3.
HCAHPS Patient Score
What is HCAHPS?
The HCAHPS (Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems) Survey, is a standardized survey instrument and data collection methodology that has been in use since 2006 to measure patients' perspectives of hospital care. The HCAHPS survey is administered to a random sample of adult patients across medical conditions between 48 hours and 6 weeks after discharge; the survey isn't restricted to Medicare beneficiaries. You can learn more here.
*CMS has created the HCAHPS Star Ratings in order to enable consumers to more quickly and easily assess the patient experience of care information that is provided on the Hospital Compare Web site. Star ratings also allow consumers to more easily compare hospitals.
** HCAHPS data is broken down into the following buckets; definitely recommend, probably recommend, probably not recommend, definitely not recommend.
Showing 4 of 4
Self-verified patient of Coosa Valley Medical Center - Posted on October 15th, 2019
Self-verified patient of Coosa Valley Medical Center - Posted on September 9th, 2018
Wrong Diagnosis from two Hospital officials
Self-verified patient of Coosa Valley Medical Center - Posted on September 12th, 2017
I begin feeling sudden pain in my back on Wednesday, 9/6/17. I was suffering so terribly that Thursday night, 9/7/17, I admitted myself into Coosa Valley Hospital and seen a doctor named Jerald Crawford MD that told me I had only pulled a muscle he gave me pain medicine and sent me home. I was still suffering so badly that Saturday morning, 9/9/17, I admitted myself into Coosa Valley and seen a woman named Kristina Osborn that also told me that I have only pulled a muscle and also gave me pain medicine and sent me home. Today, after much suffering, I visited my regular doctor and was informed that I in fact have shingles.
I'd sooner drive to Birmingham
Self-verified patient of Coosa Valley Medical Center - Posted on February 23rd, 2017
I have visited their Emergency room several times in the past 12 years. The doctors and nurses are slow about checking on patients. During my last ER visit here, I found out I had gallstones. The nurse had to draw my blood 3 different times; she said it was because it clotted each time, and they could not test it. (Seriously!?) That happened in 2014, and we had to stay for FOUR HOURS. I was admitted to a different emergency room in 2015 for a different problem and did not stay there nearly as long. Unless I am in critical condition, I never plan to use this hospital again.
Coosa Valley Medical Center offers the following services provided by staff, or by arrangement or agreement with a third party
|Acute Renal Dialysis|
|Urgent Care Center|
|Non-Medicare Organ Transplant|
|Cardiac Thoracic Surgery|
|Psychiatric Child and/or Adolescent|
|Extracorporeal Shockwave Lithotripter|
|Cardiac Catheterization Lab|
|Medicare Certified Transplant Center|
|Coronary Care Unit|
|Designated Trauma Center|
|Adult Inpatient Psychiatric|
|CARF Inpatient Rehabilitation|
|Burn Care Unit|
|Medical Surgical ICU|
|Postoperative Recovery Room|
|Alcohol and/or Drug|
Locations & Directions315 W Hickory St, Sylacauga, AL
Coosa Valley Medical Center is similar to the following 4 Hospitals near Sylacauga, AL.