Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About New York Community Hospital of Brooklyn
New York Community Hospital of Brooklyn is a Hospital in Brooklyn, NY. This facility has 134 total beds. This facility has been rated 6 times, with an average patient rating of 2.
HCAHPS Patient Score
What is HCAHPS?
The HCAHPS (Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems) Survey, is a standardized survey instrument and data collection methodology that has been in use since 2006 to measure patients' perspectives of hospital care. The HCAHPS survey is administered to a random sample of adult patients across medical conditions between 48 hours and 6 weeks after discharge; the survey isn't restricted to Medicare beneficiaries. You can learn more here.
*CMS has created the HCAHPS Star Ratings in order to enable consumers to more quickly and easily assess the patient experience of care information that is provided on the Hospital Compare Web site. Star ratings also allow consumers to more easily compare hospitals.
** HCAHPS data is broken down into the following buckets; definitely recommend, probably recommend, probably not recommend, definitely not recommend.
Showing 5 of 5
No one cares
Self-verified patient of New York Community Hospital of Brooklyn - Posted on October 31st, 2019
Don't put your life in their hands!
Self-verified patient of New York Community Hospital of Brooklyn - Posted on May 22nd, 2019
Please do not go there unless you have no other choice! They diagnosed with appendicitis and then made me wait 7.5 hours for the surgery! At that point, my appendix was already perforated, and I ended up with the 4 inch scar! On top of that, they didn't even take a culture of the spilled liquid correctly, so the infection doctor was only guessing what he is treating me for. They got lucky I had no complications! Rooms were dirty! Bathroom wasn't cleaned at all since my roommate was there for 10 days before I arrived!
It depends on the doctors and nurses
Self-verified patient of New York Community Hospital of Brooklyn - Posted on February 8th, 2019
I've been there a few times. My doctors are there. The nurses are usually excellent. But I've had some that weren't. My doctors are excellent too and the ones that are you there as specialists are some Great and some that aren't. One or two need some more training to deal with people. Like all other hospitals.there are some great but some not so good. Overall it was a good experience. I definitely would go back if there was a problem
Self-verified patient of New York Community Hospital of Brooklyn - Posted on July 1st, 2018
Self-verified patient of New York Community Hospital of Brooklyn - Posted on March 15th, 2018
New York Community Hospital of Brooklyn offers the following services provided by staff, or by arrangement or agreement with a third party
|Acute Renal Dialysis|
|Urgent Care Center|
|Non-Medicare Organ Transplant|
|Cardiac Thoracic Surgery|
|Psychiatric Child and/or Adolescent|
|Extracorporeal Shockwave Lithotripter|
|Cardiac Catheterization Lab|
|Medicare Certified Transplant Center|
|Coronary Care Unit|
|Designated Trauma Center|
|Adult Inpatient Psychiatric|
|CARF Inpatient Rehabilitation|
|Burn Care Unit|
|Medical Surgical ICU|
|Postoperative Recovery Room|
|Alcohol and/or Drug|
Locations & Directions2525 Kings Hwy, Brooklyn, NY
New York Community Hospital of Brooklyn is similar to the following 4 Hospitals near Brooklyn, NY.