Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Ellis Hospital
Ellis Hospital is a Hospital in Schenectady, NY. This facility has 352 total beds. This facility has been rated 2 times, with an average patient rating of 5.
HCAHPS Patient Score
What is HCAHPS?
The HCAHPS (Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems) Survey, is a standardized survey instrument and data collection methodology that has been in use since 2006 to measure patients' perspectives of hospital care. The HCAHPS survey is administered to a random sample of adult patients across medical conditions between 48 hours and 6 weeks after discharge; the survey isn't restricted to Medicare beneficiaries. You can learn more here.
*CMS has created the HCAHPS Star Ratings in order to enable consumers to more quickly and easily assess the patient experience of care information that is provided on the Hospital Compare Web site. Star ratings also allow consumers to more easily compare hospitals.
** HCAHPS data is broken down into the following buckets; definitely recommend, probably recommend, probably not recommend, definitely not recommend.
Showing 2 of 2
Self-verified patient of Ellis Hospital - Posted on March 13th, 2019
Recently I had a total knees replacement through ORTHONY with Dr. Polishchuk at Ellis. From the pre-op nurse, Sheila(?) and Nurse Manger, Cassie to the discharge nurse,K.A., and every medical professional and staff member in between, my medical and emotional needs were their top priority. Each member was competent, professional, and compassionate. I was very apprehensive about this surgery, but Dr. Polishchuk and his surgical team were outstanding!
Self-verified patient of Ellis Hospital - Posted on December 7th, 2017
I had gastric sleeve surgery on 12\4 the anesthesia Dr was horrible he treated me like I was an animal. Ripping the tape off my arms without telling me and making ridiculous jokes about cheating on his wife. When you go to the hospital you don't expect for the people who are going to care for you to lack empathy. I even told him " I know you are used to dealing with people who are not awake but I'm awake and I can feel everything you do to me". And he told the tape off of me again without warning. The i wake up in recovery with no pain medication thinking I'm going to did because I was having pain in my chest and when I asked the nurse what's happened? She speaks to like I was an annoyance and says I am waiting for your next xrays. It's horrible and frightening to be treated that way
Ellis Hospital offers the following services provided by staff, or by arrangement or agreement with a third party
|Extracorporeal Shockwave Lithotripter|
|Urgent Care Center|
|Designated Trauma Center|
|Adult Inpatient Psychiatric|
|Postoperative Recovery Room|
|Non-Medicare Organ Transplant|
|Cardiac Thoracic Surgery|
|Medicare Certified Transplant Center|
|Medical Surgical ICU|
|Coronary Care Unit|
|Cardiac Catheterization Lab|
|Psychiatric Child and/or Adolescent|
|CARF Inpatient Rehabilitation|
|Burn Care Unit|
|Alcohol and/or Drug|
|Acute Renal Dialysis|
Locations & Directions1101 Nott St, Schenectady, NY
Ellis Hospital is similar to the following 4 Hospitals near Schenectady, NY.