Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Upmc Altoona Hospital
Upmc Altoona Hospital is a Hospital in Altoona, PA. This facility has 433 total beds. This facility has been rated 3 times, with an average patient rating of 1.
HCAHPS Patient Score
What is HCAHPS?
The HCAHPS (Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems) Survey, is a standardized survey instrument and data collection methodology that has been in use since 2006 to measure patients' perspectives of hospital care. The HCAHPS survey is administered to a random sample of adult patients across medical conditions between 48 hours and 6 weeks after discharge; the survey isn't restricted to Medicare beneficiaries. You can learn more here.
*CMS has created the HCAHPS Star Ratings in order to enable consumers to more quickly and easily assess the patient experience of care information that is provided on the Hospital Compare Web site. Star ratings also allow consumers to more easily compare hospitals.
** HCAHPS data is broken down into the following buckets; definitely recommend, probably recommend, probably not recommend, definitely not recommend.
620 Howard Ave
Altoona, PA 16601
Showing 2 of 2
Self-verified patient of Upmc Altoona Hospital - Posted on September 9th, 2018
They will not help you
Self-verified patient of Upmc Altoona Hospital - Posted on July 22nd, 2018
I got stung by a Hornet on my ankle and as I tried to run from them I must have sprained my ankle the pain got so bad that I have no choice but to go to the hospital I can't even stand up they said they were giving me crutches and wrap my leg my ankle after they took x-rays and my ankle isn't broke but it hurts so bad it feels like it's broke they threw me out with nothing I can't even stand up and walk when I got home I fell and laid in a mud puddle cuz it's pouring down rain tonight places really f***** up my son had a hole in his chin and busted his teeth out as we sat in the waiting room he was spitting teeth out they asked me if he would let them give him stitches he's 5 I said no he's not going to let you five minutes later they come in with discharge papers and said well there's nothing we can do for him this place is so pathetic now it's UMPC what
Upmc Altoona Hospital offers the following services provided by staff, or by arrangement or agreement with a third party
|Extracorporeal Shockwave Lithotripter|
|Urgent Care Center|
|Designated Trauma Center|
|Adult Inpatient Psychiatric|
|Postoperative Recovery Room|
|Non-Medicare Organ Transplant|
|Cardiac Thoracic Surgery|
|Medicare Certified Transplant Center|
|Medical Surgical ICU|
|Cardiac Catheterization Lab|
|Coronary Care Unit|
|Psychiatric Child and/or Adolescent|
|CARF Inpatient Rehabilitation|
|Burn Care Unit|
|Alcohol and/or Drug|
|Acute Renal Dialysis|
Upmc Altoona Hospital is similar to the following 4 Hospitals near Altoona, PA.