Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Carolinas Medical Center
Carolinas Medical Center is a Hospital in Charlotte, NC. This facility has 1132 total beds. This facility has been rated 2 times, with an average patient rating of 3.
HCAHPS Patient Score
What is HCAHPS?
The HCAHPS (Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems) Survey, is a standardized survey instrument and data collection methodology that has been in use since 2006 to measure patients' perspectives of hospital care. The HCAHPS survey is administered to a random sample of adult patients across medical conditions between 48 hours and 6 weeks after discharge; the survey isn't restricted to Medicare beneficiaries. You can learn more here.
*CMS has created the HCAHPS Star Ratings in order to enable consumers to more quickly and easily assess the patient experience of care information that is provided on the Hospital Compare Web site. Star ratings also allow consumers to more easily compare hospitals.
** HCAHPS data is broken down into the following buckets; definitely recommend, probably recommend, probably not recommend, definitely not recommend.
Showing 2 of 2
Incompetent nurse care
Self-verified patient of Carolinas Medical Center - Posted on December 27th, 2018
I have a lower spine surgery on November 20, 2018; the same evening when they transfer me to my room on floor 9; I requested the nurse for pain medication and she said that she needs to check the doctor’s orders, after that I asked her probably four times until my pain was excruciating to the point I can stop crying, my husband had to yell the nurse and finally after three long hours she brought some of my pain killers. The next morning just when they were changing turns it happened the same thing, I asked the new nurse for my pain killers before it gets worse and she took almost three hours and a half to do it. I don’t understand the reason why? I’m not planning to comeback or any of my family to this hospital CMC MAIN
Self-verified patient of Carolinas Medical Center - Posted on July 22nd, 2017
Carolinas Medical Center offers the following services provided by staff, or by arrangement or agreement with a third party
|Extracorporeal Shockwave Lithotripter|
|Urgent Care Center|
|Designated Trauma Center|
|Adult Inpatient Psychiatric|
|Postoperative Recovery Room|
|Non-Medicare Organ Transplant|
|Cardiac Thoracic Surgery|
|Medicare Certified Transplant Center|
|Coronary Care Unit|
|Cardiac Catheterization Lab|
|Burn Care Unit|
|Alcohol and/or Drug|
|Psychiatric Child and/or Adolescent|
|CARF Inpatient Rehabilitation|
|Acute Renal Dialysis|
|Medical Surgical ICU|
Locations & Directions1000 Blythe Blvd, Charlotte, NC
Carolinas Medical Center is similar to the following 4 Hospitals near Charlotte, NC.