Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Logansport Memorial Hospital
Logansport Memorial Hospital is a Hospital in Logansport, IN. This facility has been rated 2 times, with an average patient rating of 2.5.
1101 Michigan Ave
Logansport, IN 46947
Showing 2 of 2
Self-verified patient of Logansport Memorial Hospital - Posted on June 18th, 2021
Self-verified patient of Logansport Memorial Hospital - Posted on May 29th, 2019
As somebody who grew up in Logansport and have worked for years in the local healthcare industry, I have heard a lot of negative feedback concerning LMH. Personally I’ve for the most part have had good experiences with staff, especially Doctors and Nurses. I have always managed to be attended to in a timely manner, not having to wait very long to be seen or complete tests. Having to take my clients to LMH’s ER as well as myself and family members, I have pretty well received the same level of treatment with the nurses and doctors being kind and very caring. Unfortunately there are some things I’d like see addressed in the ER. Recently I had began to experience less than favorable symptoms from a medication I had started, causing myself to not completely be “with it.” I called the ER not sure if I should go there or not. Granted it was late, but The front desk staff sounded as though she had just woken up from a nap. And when I asked to speak to someone concerning my issue, she said, “I guess I’ll transfer you to the ER.” I felt as if I had bothered her with my issue. An older sounding man answered the phone, I believe he was a nurse, and when I began explaining my issue, he stopped me and briskly explained that they could not give any kind of advice over the phone without having seen me. This is understandable in a legal sense. I get it. He was right. However, regularly dealing with some of my clients, who often have pretty significant issues, I know that if they were spoken to in this manner, they would simply hang up and not deal with their issues, potentially leading to death. I feel a better way would have been to listen and then, kindly, let me know that due to legalities they can’t give me advice but I am more than welcome to come to the ER to be seen, and then maybe offer to send an ambulance. As I have said, I have always thought the world of the ER nurses and doctors. This was the only bad experience. I only bring it up because Logansport has a high number of people with mental illnesses and if addressed in the manner that the front desk staff and the older male nurse have, I feel it could lead to some significant consequences.
Logansport Memorial Hospital offers the following services provided by staff, or by arrangement or agreement with a third party
|Acute Renal Dialysis|
|Non-Medicare Organ Transplant|
|Urgent Care Center|
|Bed Count: Certified|
|Cardiac Thoracic Surgery|
|Psychiatric Child and/or Adolescent|
|Extracorporeal Shockwave Lithotripter|
|Cardiac Catheterization Lab|
|Medicare Certified Transplant Center|
|Coronary Care Unit|
|Designated Trauma Center|
|Adult Inpatient Psychiatric|
|CARF Inpatient Rehabilitation|
|Burn Care Unit|
|Medical Surgical ICU|
|Postoperative Recovery Room|
|Alcohol and/or Drug|
Logansport Memorial Hospital is similar to the following 4 Hospitals near Logansport, IN.