North Shore University Hospital offers emergency services. Please contact this hospital for more information.
Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About North Shore University Hospital
North Shore University Hospital is a Hospital in Manhasset, NY. This facility has 812 total beds, of which 812 are certified. This facility has been rated 10 times, with an average patient rating of 4.3.
Showing 5 of 10
Went to the Emergency Dep at North Shore Hospital in Manhasset. on Monday, 8/21/17, around 11 AM after encountering a heavy bleeding from the mouth on weekend. It's a total disaster! All hallways occupied by patients who didn't have a room. I was lucky to have one myself. The attending physician came at the room's door after 4 hours of me being there just to inform me that they had ordered a cat scan of the chest for me. The only doctor I dealt with was a fellow doctor. They kept me until 11 PM to do a chest x-ray and a 3 min C/T scan without contrast. Nobody came to inform me about the tests' results, even though I asked for them more than once. At 11 AM they admitted me for observation over night to the Pulmonary Dep. There was a torture for me and my family and a tremendous ripoff of the insurance expenses. What they did to me should have taken no more than 3 hours. They took for them 12 hours! I am very disappointed with a hospital that used to be very good before becoming a big corporation.
North Shore University Hospital offers the following services provided by staff, or by arrangement or agreement with a third party
|Acute Renal Dialysis|
|Alcohol and/or Drug Services|
|Burn Care Unit|
|Cardiac Catheterization Lab|
|Cardiac Thoracic Surgery|
|Rehab - Inpatient|
|Trauma Center Certified|
|Radiology - Diagnostic|
|Dedicated Emergency Department|
|Psychiatric - Emergency|
|Extracorporeal Shockwave Lithotripter|
|Psychiatric - Forensic|
|Psychiatric - Geriatric|
|Surgical Services Inpatient|
|Medical Surgical ICU|
|Transplant Center Medicare|
|Psychiatric - Outpatient|
|Rehab - Outpatient|
|Outpatient Surgery Unit|
|Postoperative Recovery Room|
|Psychiatric - Child Adolescent|
|Radiology - Therapeutic|
|Urgent Care Center|
Locations & Directions300 Community Dr, Manhasset, NY
North Shore University Hospital is similar to the following 3 Hospitals near Manhasset, NY.