Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Regional Hospital Of Scranton
Regional Hospital Of Scranton is a Hospital in Scranton, PA. This facility has 274 total beds. This facility has been rated 4 times, with an average patient rating of 1.3.
HCAHPS Patient Score
What is HCAHPS?
The HCAHPS (Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems) Survey, is a standardized survey instrument and data collection methodology that has been in use since 2006 to measure patients' perspectives of hospital care. The HCAHPS survey is administered to a random sample of adult patients across medical conditions between 48 hours and 6 weeks after discharge; the survey isn't restricted to Medicare beneficiaries. You can learn more here.
*CMS has created the HCAHPS Star Ratings in order to enable consumers to more quickly and easily assess the patient experience of care information that is provided on the Hospital Compare Web site. Star ratings also allow consumers to more easily compare hospitals.
** HCAHPS data is broken down into the following buckets; definitely recommend, probably recommend, probably not recommend, definitely not recommend.
Showing 3 of 3
Wouldn't take my sick dog there
Self-verified patient of Regional Hospital Of Scranton - Posted on February 4th, 2020
Short procedure for my husband turned into an 8 hour ordeal because of the total incompetence of the entire staff. Totally disorganized and had to stick my husband 4 times before the IV could be administered. I wish the old Mercy hospital was still in charge down there. Total lack of concern by everyone. I wouldn't take my sick dog to this hospital. They need to be run out of business. I wish they had a negative star rating because it would be a -10. I am giving my name so that people will realize that this is an honest review. Joanne Mayerzak
Emergency room visit
Self-verified patient of Regional Hospital Of Scranton - Posted on December 13th, 2019
Self-verified patient of Regional Hospital Of Scranton - Posted on October 31st, 2018
Regional Hospital Of Scranton offers the following services provided by staff, or by arrangement or agreement with a third party
|Acute Renal Dialysis|
|Urgent Care Center|
|Non-Medicare Organ Transplant|
|Cardiac Thoracic Surgery|
|Psychiatric Child and/or Adolescent|
|Extracorporeal Shockwave Lithotripter|
|Cardiac Catheterization Lab|
|Medicare Certified Transplant Center|
|Coronary Care Unit|
|Designated Trauma Center|
|Adult Inpatient Psychiatric|
|CARF Inpatient Rehabilitation|
|Burn Care Unit|
|Medical Surgical ICU|
|Postoperative Recovery Room|
|Alcohol and/or Drug|
Locations & Directions746 Jefferson Ave, Scranton, PA
Regional Hospital Of Scranton is similar to the following 4 Hospitals near Scranton, PA.