Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Brookwood Baptist Medical Center
Brookwood Baptist Medical Center is a Hospital in Birmingham, AL. This facility has 607 total beds. This facility has been rated 5 times, with an average patient rating of 2.6.
HCAHPS Patient Score
What is HCAHPS?
The HCAHPS (Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems) Survey, is a standardized survey instrument and data collection methodology that has been in use since 2006 to measure patients' perspectives of hospital care. The HCAHPS survey is administered to a random sample of adult patients across medical conditions between 48 hours and 6 weeks after discharge; the survey isn't restricted to Medicare beneficiaries. You can learn more here.
*CMS has created the HCAHPS Star Ratings in order to enable consumers to more quickly and easily assess the patient experience of care information that is provided on the Hospital Compare Web site. Star ratings also allow consumers to more easily compare hospitals.
** HCAHPS data is broken down into the following buckets; definitely recommend, probably recommend, probably not recommend, definitely not recommend.
2010 Brookwood Medical Ctr Dr
Birmingham, AL 35209
Book Online Now
Showing 2 of 2
Not A Good Visit
Self-verified patient of Brookwood Baptist Medical Center - Posted on September 12th, 2018
Was told to be at hospital at 6 a.m. or surgery would be cancelled or rescheduled. Sat in waiting room 40 minutes to be called be to do paperwork that I already completed and faxed to them 5 days before surgery. Finally went back to pre-op and sat 2 1/2 hours. Never was checked on or told why I had to wait so long. Had to answer same questions over and over with different nurses and two anesthiologists. Did not have surgery after all of that time due to a very dismissive, condescending and rude doctor. Will be looking for a different doctor and different facility.
Disappointed in care
Self-verified patient of Brookwood Baptist Medical Center - Posted on July 13th, 2018
Elderly father was not changed for 24 hours.. skin has deteriorated and now another set of problems. Discharged before all of his problems were attended to. Doctor on vacation. Doctors assigned did not seem to care.
Brookwood Baptist Medical Center offers the following services provided by staff, or by arrangement or agreement with a third party
|Extracorporeal Shockwave Lithotripter|
|Urgent Care Center|
|Designated Trauma Center|
|Adult Inpatient Psychiatric|
|Postoperative Recovery Room|
|Non-Medicare Organ Transplant|
|Cardiac Thoracic Surgery|
|Medicare Certified Transplant Center|
|Medical Surgical ICU|
|Coronary Care Unit|
|Cardiac Catheterization Lab|
|Psychiatric Child and/or Adolescent|
|CARF Inpatient Rehabilitation|
|Burn Care Unit|
|Alcohol and/or Drug|
|Acute Renal Dialysis|
Locations & Directions2010 Brookwood Medical Ctr Dr, Birmingham, AL
Brookwood Baptist Medical Center is similar to the following 4 Hospitals near Birmingham, AL.