Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About West Roxbury VA Medical Center
West Roxbury VA Medical Center is a Hospital in West Roxbury, MA. This facility has been rated 1 time, with an average patient rating of 5.
Showing 1 of 1
ALL of my monitoring and treatments have been in the Boston V.A. Medical system Either at Jamaica Plain or West Roxbury. D ecades of acid reflux and the accompanying damage. The acid burning feeling was well controlled by taking omeprazole for more than 20 years BUT the reflux was STILL occurring so the damage to my esophagus continued. A endoscopic evaluation was done annually to monitor my Barrett's esophagus condition to see if it progressed to worse condition. It did progress and RAPIDLY. If it had nor been monitored I would not likely be here to be able to write this review. It progressed from basic Barrett's esophagus to high grade dysplasia with nodules (skipping right past the dysplasia stage) I was immediately scheduled for EMR (endoscopic mucosal resection) to remove the Nodules and RFA (radio frequency ablation) was also done to destroy the dysplasia and Barrett's tissue all done By Dr. Hiroshi Maschimo (excellent DR. by the way). Both procedures were temporarily successful. I was being endoscopicly rechecked every 6 weeks and the dysplasia and Barrett's kept returning and RFA would be repeated along with biopsies every time. After doing this too many time to count over a period of 2 years I decided to try and have the reflux damage halted by seeing DR. AVI Lebenthal (another Excellent Dr.) to have Laparoscopic Nissen fundoplication done. I am now 9 months post surgery and can report the last 2 biopsy checks came up as normal tissue! Also the reflux is GONE! No longer need to take omeprazole! Sweet!! I cannot write this review without HIGH praise for the DRs and staff at both locations (West Roxbury VA and Jamaica Plain VA) staff made me fell well cared for and as comfortable as possible. Very caring group of people. Top notch professionals!!. Thank you ALL Drs and staff I truly appreciate all you have done! Cliff Sucher
Locations & Directions1400 Vfw Pkwy, West Roxbury, MA
West Roxbury VA Medical Center is similar to the following 3 Hospitals near West Roxbury, MA.