Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center
Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center is a Hospital in Alamogordo, NM. This facility has 99 total beds. This facility has been rated 3 times, with an average patient rating of 1.3.
HCAHPS Patient Score
What is HCAHPS?
The HCAHPS (Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems) Survey, is a standardized survey instrument and data collection methodology that has been in use since 2006 to measure patients' perspectives of hospital care. The HCAHPS survey is administered to a random sample of adult patients across medical conditions between 48 hours and 6 weeks after discharge; the survey isn't restricted to Medicare beneficiaries. You can learn more here.
*CMS has created the HCAHPS Star Ratings in order to enable consumers to more quickly and easily assess the patient experience of care information that is provided on the Hospital Compare Web site. Star ratings also allow consumers to more easily compare hospitals.
** HCAHPS data is broken down into the following buckets; definitely recommend, probably recommend, probably not recommend, definitely not recommend.
Showing 3 of 3
Self-verified patient of Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center - Posted on July 22nd, 2019
Went to the ER was completely misdiagnosed because they don't listen. Told had uti even though it didn't show up anywhere on my tests. I told them I thought I had pnuemonia. So I go home with wrong meds till I go to another hospital. By then my potassium was 2.2 and I had pnuemonia and 8 lbs lighter and had to stay in the hospital for days.my family thought I was dying. Shut this place down, this wasn't the first time I had to deal with this place
Self-verified patient of Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center - Posted on March 23rd, 2019
As a retired Physician who has worked in several states, I can aver, state and swear on a stack of bibles that Gerald Champion is the WORSE medical facility that I have ever experienced. It is a dangerous place to receive medical care, particularly in the E.R. Administration cannot solve their problems with faulty, missing, or dangerously incorrect medical records keeping. And they don't really care. Need medical care if you live in this area? Drive, hitchhike or crawl to Las Cruces or El Paso, where you will have a higher chance of survival. GCMC's medical stats are absolutely awful. And dangerous.
Self-verified patient of Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center - Posted on February 9th, 2017
Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center offers the following services provided by staff, or by arrangement or agreement with a third party
|Extracorporeal Shockwave Lithotripter|
|Urgent Care Center|
|Designated Trauma Center|
|Adult Inpatient Psychiatric|
|Postoperative Recovery Room|
|Non-Medicare Organ Transplant|
|Cardiac Thoracic Surgery|
|Medicare Certified Transplant Center|
|Medical Surgical ICU|
|Coronary Care Unit|
|Cardiac Catheterization Lab|
|Psychiatric Child and/or Adolescent|
|CARF Inpatient Rehabilitation|
|Burn Care Unit|
|Alcohol and/or Drug|
|Acute Renal Dialysis|
Locations & Directions2669 Scenic Dr, Alamogordo, NM
Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center is similar to the following 4 Hospitals near Alamogordo, NM.