Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About University Hospital & The Heart & Vascular Institute
University Hospital & The Heart & Vascular Institute is a Hospital in Augusta, GA. This facility has been rated 4 times, with an average patient rating of 4.3.
Showing 2 of 2
Words can't express
Self-verified patient of University Hospital & The Heart & Vascular Institute - Posted on February 10th, 2019
This place is second to none! Dr. Hunter, his partener, and physicians assistants are the best. But they have the best nursing staff support ing them in this unit that you will find anywhere! Matt and Rachel are great! However, we had more dealings with Pam Head. Everyone needs to meet this young lady! Not only do we credit her with saving our mother's life, she made the family feel good. She tended all of us and helped us through a tough time. She sets the standard all in the field should reach for! We can't praise her enough, she loves her job and is good at it! Thanks to you all, mom is home and doing great! This is out of character for us, but I must add....try your best to stay out of Select Care up the road. It's by far the worst we ever experienced.
Self-verified patient of University Hospital & The Heart & Vascular Institute - Posted on February 8th, 2017
Presented to emergency room on advice of physician due to cardiac symptoms. Check in station was notified that I was sent by physician office because I was having chest pain,nausea and short of breathe. They took my information and instructed me to have a seat. After approximately 30 min I was called to a triage station. Again the symptoms were given and they were made aware I had a previous heart attack and had coronary bypass surgery My blood pressure was elevated due to having chest pain . I was told they were moving my name up on the list to be seen. Again I was instructed to wait in waiting room. Another 30 min approx passed and they did an ekg( which was abnormal). Back to waiting room. Another 30 min or so and I was taken for a chest X-ray , yes back to waiting room. After a three hour plus wait I was taken to the back.Symptoms were increasing. Nurse arrives to cubicle and draws blood work . Blood pressure remains high. After several hours a physician presents and states he wants to admit me. Fortunately I did not have a heart attack. During the wait in the waiting area, people were called to the back to be seen. They were capable of laughing, conversing and some enjoying a snack. This tells me triage was horrible. I went to this hospital because of my doctor. A recent experience with a family member who went to Doctors Hospital Er with chest pain,The patient was in the back , two iv's were started and keg and labs were done. All this was completed in less than eight min .
University Hospital & The Heart & Vascular Institute offers the following services provided by staff, or by arrangement or agreement with a third party
|Acute Renal Dialysis|
|Non-Medicare Organ Transplant|
|Urgent Care Center|
|Bed Count: Certified|
|Cardiac Thoracic Surgery|
|Psychiatric Child and/or Adolescent|
|Extracorporeal Shockwave Lithotripter|
|Cardiac Catheterization Lab|
|Medicare Certified Transplant Center|
|Coronary Care Unit|
|Designated Trauma Center|
|Adult Inpatient Psychiatric|
|CARF Inpatient Rehabilitation|
|Burn Care Unit|
|Medical Surgical ICU|
|Postoperative Recovery Room|
|Alcohol and/or Drug|
Locations & Directions1350 Walton Way, Augusta, GA
University Hospital & The Heart & Vascular Institute is similar to the following 4 Hospitals near Augusta, GA.