Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Advocate Lutheran General Hospital
Advocate Lutheran General Hospital is a Hospital in Park Ridge, IL. This facility has 638 total beds. This facility has been rated 15 times, with an average patient rating of 4.4.
HCAHPS Patient Score
What is HCAHPS?
The HCAHPS (Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems) Survey, is a standardized survey instrument and data collection methodology that has been in use since 2006 to measure patients' perspectives of hospital care. The HCAHPS survey is administered to a random sample of adult patients across medical conditions between 48 hours and 6 weeks after discharge; the survey isn't restricted to Medicare beneficiaries. You can learn more here.
*CMS has created the HCAHPS Star Ratings in order to enable consumers to more quickly and easily assess the patient experience of care information that is provided on the Hospital Compare Web site. Star ratings also allow consumers to more easily compare hospitals.
** HCAHPS data is broken down into the following buckets; definitely recommend, probably recommend, probably not recommend, definitely not recommend.
Book Online Now
Showing 3 of 3
Self-verified patient of Advocate Lutheran General Hospital - Posted on May 6th, 2018
phenomenal care on the 8Tower Oncology unit....they saved my life! Dr. Klein, the nurses, the aides, the housekeepers, the maintenance guy all worked together to take care of me and teach me what I could do to get the best outcomes. It's been two years since my transplant and I am doing fabuous!
Self-verified patient of Advocate Lutheran General Hospital - Posted on December 13th, 2017
I took my husband to the ER we are waiting for about 5 hrs now and when we ask at the front desk we was informed that there is 6 patients ahead of us and we have to wait for another hr or so to get the bed and from that God only knows how long we still have to wait . Now this make me wonder what kind of Emergency Response is that ???
Self-verified patient of Advocate Lutheran General Hospital - Posted on March 28th, 2017
Advocate Lutheran General Hospital offers the following services provided by staff, or by arrangement or agreement with a third party
|Extracorporeal Shockwave Lithotripter|
|Urgent Care Center|
|Designated Trauma Center|
|Medical Surgical ICU|
|Coronary Care Unit|
|Adult Inpatient Psychiatric|
|Postoperative Recovery Room|
|Non-Medicare Organ Transplant|
|Cardiac Thoracic Surgery|
|Medicare Certified Transplant Center|
|Cardiac Catheterization Lab|
|Psychiatric Child and/or Adolescent|
|CARF Inpatient Rehabilitation|
|Burn Care Unit|
|Alcohol and/or Drug|
|Acute Renal Dialysis|
Locations & Directions, ,
Advocate Lutheran General Hospital is similar to the following 4 Hospitals near Park Ridge, IL.