- Speaks English
- San Angelo, TX
401 Total Beds
14 rehab beds
160 certified beds
- Acute Care Hospital
Shannon Medical Center offers emergency services. Please contact this hospital for more information.
Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Shannon Medical Center
Shannon Medical Center is a Hospital in San Angelo, TX. This facility has 401 total beds, of which 160 are certified. This facility has been rated 3 times, with an average patient rating of 2.7.
Showing 3 of 3
The ER was scary with all the pushy panhandlers inside the hospital. The wait to get tests done, that confirmed I was really sick, took three hours. In the mean time, everyone seemed to assume I was just looking for pain meds, and I was ignored. Pushing the call button results in somebody promising to send someone in, but nobody comes. The six-day hospital stay was filled with small snafus caused by the lemming/lockstep type mentality of most of the nurses. Another example of institutionalism is that a machine will call you to ask how your stay was. The gastro clinic for follow-up was worse. The system to get a doctor recommended follow-up test requires calling a receptionist who merely leaves a message for a nurse who fails to call you back. More than ten days and six messages later, the receptionist finally agreed to make a follow up (not sure how she bypassed the nurse this time) but the only time slot they had for the test was for more than three months after the date recommended by the doctor. Except for one exceptional nurse, I would have given one star.
Shannon Medical Center offers the following services provided by staff, or by arrangement or agreement with a third party
|Acute Renal Dialysis|
|Alcohol and/or Drug Services|
|Burn Care Unit|
|Cardiac Catheterization Lab|
|Cardiac Thoracic Surgery|
|Rehab - Inpatient|
|Trauma Center Certified|
|Radiology - Diagnostic|
|Dedicated Emergency Department|
|Psychiatric - Emergency|
|Extracorporeal Shockwave Lithotripter|
|Psychiatric - Forensic|
|Psychiatric - Geriatric|
|Surgical Services Inpatient|
|Medical Surgical ICU|
|Transplant Center Medicare|
|Psychiatric - Outpatient|
|Rehab - Outpatient|
|Outpatient Surgery Unit|
|Postoperative Recovery Room|
|Psychiatric - Child Adolescent|
|Radiology - Therapeutic|
|Urgent Care Center|
Locations & Directions120 E Harris Ave, San Angelo, TX
Shannon Medical Center is similar to the following 1 Hospitals near San Angelo, TX.