Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Osceola Regional Medical Center
Osceola Regional Medical Center is a Hospital in Kissimmee, FL. This facility has 257 total beds. This facility has been rated 5 times, with an average patient rating of 2.6.
HCAHPS Patient Score
What is HCAHPS?
The HCAHPS (Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems) Survey, is a standardized survey instrument and data collection methodology that has been in use since 2006 to measure patients' perspectives of hospital care. The HCAHPS survey is administered to a random sample of adult patients across medical conditions between 48 hours and 6 weeks after discharge; the survey isn't restricted to Medicare beneficiaries. You can learn more here.
*CMS has created the HCAHPS Star Ratings in order to enable consumers to more quickly and easily assess the patient experience of care information that is provided on the Hospital Compare Web site. Star ratings also allow consumers to more easily compare hospitals.
** HCAHPS data is broken down into the following buckets; definitely recommend, probably recommend, probably not recommend, definitely not recommend.
Showing 2 of 2
Bad beds good service I won't stay there again just because of the beds.
Self-verified patient of Osceola Regional Medical Center - Posted on April 29th, 2019
Self-verified patient of Osceola Regional Medical Center - Posted on April 7th, 2019
Staff were laughing and goofing off right next to my mother, who died and nobody cared about her or us. No department wanted to take responsibility. No doc even spoke to me after she died. I never got her possessions back. Nobody told the family anything until suddenly demanding a DNR. Very traumatic. Seeing or thinking of this place makes me upset. I’m sure there’s no good way to lose a parent but when my dad passed at a different hospital, many people cared and helped. At Ormc nobody cared. Nobody was compassionate. It was shockingly bad. I was all alone all day, sitting on a tiny hard chair, watching them work with my mom. They were in a hurry to get rid of her before and after her death. No priest came or anyone compassionate. A nurse who didn’t speak much English told us my Mom died, couldn’t answer any questions. NOBODY CARED! There were no instructions on what we should do next. I still feel like my Mom may have lived at another if we’d been able to take her elsewhere. The building is dark and dingy. Not very clean, they threw packaging and stuff on the floor dangerously. I had no idea where in the building we actually were all day. I was utterly shocked when the first doc who actually talked to me was grumpy and just wanted me to sign a DNR. They said they’d call her regular doctor, but never did. So much more, all bad. A few nurses smiled piteously. The only friendly person was from billing.
Osceola Regional Medical Center offers the following services provided by staff, or by arrangement or agreement with a third party
|Acute Renal Dialysis|
|Urgent Care Center|
|Non-Medicare Organ Transplant|
|Cardiac Thoracic Surgery|
|Psychiatric Child and/or Adolescent|
|Extracorporeal Shockwave Lithotripter|
|Cardiac Catheterization Lab|
|Medicare Certified Transplant Center|
|Coronary Care Unit|
|Designated Trauma Center|
|Adult Inpatient Psychiatric|
|CARF Inpatient Rehabilitation|
|Burn Care Unit|
|Medical Surgical ICU|
|Postoperative Recovery Room|
|Alcohol and/or Drug|
Locations & Directions700 W Oak St, Kissimmee, FL
Osceola Regional Medical Center is similar to the following 4 Hospitals near Kissimmee, FL.