Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Overlook Medical Center
Overlook Medical Center is a Hospital in Summit, NJ. This facility has 508 total beds. This facility has been rated 4 times, with an average patient rating of 4.
HCAHPS Patient Score
What is HCAHPS?
The HCAHPS (Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems) Survey, is a standardized survey instrument and data collection methodology that has been in use since 2006 to measure patients' perspectives of hospital care. The HCAHPS survey is administered to a random sample of adult patients across medical conditions between 48 hours and 6 weeks after discharge; the survey isn't restricted to Medicare beneficiaries. You can learn more here.
*CMS has created the HCAHPS Star Ratings in order to enable consumers to more quickly and easily assess the patient experience of care information that is provided on the Hospital Compare Web site. Star ratings also allow consumers to more easily compare hospitals.
** HCAHPS data is broken down into the following buckets; definitely recommend, probably recommend, probably not recommend, definitely not recommend.
99 Beauvoir Ave
Summit, NJ 07901
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Overlook Medical Center - Posted on January 29th, 2021
I am a cardiac/pulmonary RN for over 30 years. My father was admitted to Overlook for complications from Corona virus. First hospitalization in his 83 years. He was extremely frightened and got disoriented easily. The hospitalist I dealt with Dr Malik was essentially one of the worst physicians I’ve ever dealt with. I was determined to make this a quick hospitalization for everyone’s sake. The afternoon he was to be discharged, it “dawned” on her after brought it up, that she had totally mismanaged or ignored the basics of anticoagulants. Long story short, she put my father at risk and if I had been a lay person I would have never had known. The information and resources were available to her, but she chose to speed through his assessment and care. DISGUSTED is not even close to how I feel. She was also addressed me disrespectfully as “my dear”. Case management, Jane, was great and saved me from completely losing my mind.
Overlook Medical Center offers the following services provided by staff, or by arrangement or agreement with a third party
|Extracorporeal Shockwave Lithotripter|
|Urgent Care Center|
|Designated Trauma Center|
|Adult Inpatient Psychiatric|
|Postoperative Recovery Room|
|Non-Medicare Organ Transplant|
|Cardiac Thoracic Surgery|
|Medicare Certified Transplant Center|
|Medical Surgical ICU|
|Coronary Care Unit|
|Cardiac Catheterization Lab|
|Psychiatric Child and/or Adolescent|
|CARF Inpatient Rehabilitation|
|Burn Care Unit|
|Alcohol and/or Drug|
|Acute Renal Dialysis|
Overlook Medical Center is similar to the following 4 Hospitals near Summit, NJ.