Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Opelousas General Hospital South Campus
Opelousas General Hospital South Campus is a Hospital in Opelousas, LA. This facility has been rated 1 time, with an average patient rating of 1.
Showing 1 of 1
Worst of the worst
Self-verified patient of Opelousas General Hospital South Campus - Posted on November 4th, 2019
I went to the south campus today at OGH. Went to get lab work drawn after my physician called me this am. His staff faxed my orders at 11:16 am. I arrived at 12:30pm. The staff had me wait 50 minutes while they tried to figure out which fax machine it went to this am. After almost an hour, I told them I would drive to my MD's office and pick up the order myself. I drove across town, picked up the order which had full documentation that it was faxed at 11:16 and again per my request at 1:19pm. The clerk in admit told me they had never received it although the fax clearly shows it it was sent to and received at OGH Centralized scheduling TWICE. After I returned with the order myself, they ushered me back to the ER area where every employee on the unit was in one room visiting!! I finally left the facility after 3:00pm. Almost 3 hours after I first arrived and 4 hours after the order was faxed!!! I have to return tomorrow for a blood transfusion. I am terrified of the incompetence. I told the lab tech today that after my transfusion tomorrow I will never return to this hospital. Please, do yourself a favor. Go elsewhere. You will not regret it I can assure you. Oh, and I have lodged a formal complaint with the administor of this campus. Still waiting on a return phone call.
Locations & Directions3983 Interstate 49 S, Opelousas, LA
Opelousas General Hospital South Campus is similar to the following 4 Hospitals near Opelousas, LA.