Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Waukesha County Mental Health Center
Waukesha County Mental Health Center is a Hospital in Waukesha, WI. This facility has 28 total beds. This facility has been rated 1 time, with an average patient rating of 1.
Showing 1 of 1
Not impressed AT ALL so far!
Self-verified patient of Waukesha County Mental Health Center - Posted on July 1st, 2020
It is sad to say just trying to transfer from Wisconsin Community Services (WCS), Milwaukee into the Waukesha Community Support Services took a tremendous amount of diligence and endless phone calls from the Social Worker at WCS to finally start the transfer process. Getting assistance for someone who needs some monitoring like medication support, talk/group therapy to help them remain independent, but safe, should not require the effort this took. Cost effective outreach programs are in short supply at a time when they are more critical than ever. Early on I attempted to find out what programs were available in Waukesha County. A serious web search provided NO information other than programs required by the Courts for Drug offenses. We were finally able to speak with chedule with an Intake Manager to schedule an appointment, unfortumately we had to reschedule due to illness. When I tried to call 24 hours beforehand (a Sunday), I realized I was not given a contact number so I referred to my Caller ID from the original call. That number just rang and rang...no voicemail. The following morning I looked up the number for Waukesha County Mental Health Services, but that was the wrong number. I didn't even have a last name for the person we were scheduled to see. After several questions, the woman figured out where we were suppose to call and transferred me there. It took another short series of questions to figure out who we were scheduled to see and i was transferred again. I got her voicemail. It is now one minute before our scheduled appointment and have not heard back yet. I had hoped to hear from them as I offered to come in and at least start the process on behalf of my loved. I really hope to hear from someone so we can reschedule soon, but I have an uneasy feeling. Maybe I'm wrong? Maybe everything will effortlessly fall into place? Maybe my phone will ring soon? We are 6 minutes late for our appointment now. Maybe I'll get a call now? Then again, maybe not...so then what???? I hope the right person reads this review and will work to improve the process...yes, it's a big deal to some of us.
Waukesha County Mental Health Center offers the following services provided by staff, or by arrangement or agreement with a third party
|Acute Renal Dialysis|
|Urgent Care Center|
|Non-Medicare Organ Transplant|
|Cardiac Thoracic Surgery|
|Psychiatric Child and/or Adolescent|
|Extracorporeal Shockwave Lithotripter|
|Cardiac Catheterization Lab|
|Medicare Certified Transplant Center|
|Coronary Care Unit|
|Designated Trauma Center|
|Adult Inpatient Psychiatric|
|CARF Inpatient Rehabilitation|
|Burn Care Unit|
|Medical Surgical ICU|
|Postoperative Recovery Room|
|Alcohol and/or Drug|
Locations & Directions1501 Airport Rd, Waukesha, WI
Waukesha County Mental Health Center is similar to the following 4 Hospitals near Waukesha, WI.