Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Erick H Smith
Dr. Erick H Smith, OD is an Optometrist primarily located in Atlanta, GA. He has 26 years of experience. His specialties include Optometry. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Erick H Smith has the following 1 specialty
Dr. Erick H Smith has the following 2 expertise
- Vision Therapy
- Eye Exam
Showing 1 of 1
Most likely saved my eye sight!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Erick H Smith - Posted on September 17th, 2017
I am 64 years old, having been wearing contacts for probably 20 years, and therefore have gone for annual eye exams for at least that long. This week I went to Dr. Smith for the first time. His exam is the most thorough I have ever received with the latest technology and with his experience. Dr. Smith detected a "narrow anterior chamber angle" which I probably had for years but is obviously increasing in severity. No other doctor ever caught this. Dr. Smith recommended several eye specialists that I should consider in a timely manner. He also carefully explained what this condition is in detail and in terms I can fully understand. Like most people, I hit the internet when I went home - to learn as much as I can about this eye condition. Bottom line, Dr. Smith has probably saved my eye sight, literally. I always thought my eyes were 100% healthy, but this condition can lead to possible blindness if not addressed. Dr. Smith explained that the eye specialist will determine if immediate attention is needed. The corrective procedure is a relatively simple laser surgery. It can take several months to get into either of the specialists he recommended, but Dr. Smith is going to call their office on Monday to help me get a quicker appointment. There are no words to express my appreciation for Dr. Smith. He was recommended to me by some of my family members and also several friends. Now I am grateful to them also. Dr. Smith, his office staff and techs, and the office itself could not be more professional, experienced, caring. Thank you, Dr. Smith!
26 Years Experience
Uab - School Of Optometry
Graduated in 1992
Dr. Erick H Smith Accepts the Following Insurance
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBRIGGS VISION GROUP PC, 1637 Mount Vernon Rd Ste 100, Atlanta, GA
Dr. Erick H Smith is similar to the following 4 Optometrists near Atlanta, GA.